Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat with Rider Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seat with Rider Backrest

Hey fella's...Been having trouble with lower back pain lately and thinking about trying a new seat with a rider backrest...I don't want a single seat so has anyone got any recomendations on a full seat with rider backrest...also needs to be priced reasonable and look half decent...It's to go on a 2010 Wideglide...If anyone has a used one for a good price and is prepared to ship out to Australia let me know...

Cheers...Sparra

Old 11-15-2013, 06:05 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rider backrest

Good Luck finding a "good price" on a seat with a rider backrest. They a priced at a premium. If you find a good price, the seat is usually "well used". Just bite the bullet and buy a new one. You won't be sorry. My Mustang backrest makes all the difference on both long and short rides. I have been looking at adding a backrest to my stock seat (my Mustang is a Wide Tripper Solo with Diamond Pleat) so I will have both solo and two-up with backrests.

Check out http://www.utpr.com/, or http://www.fasteddysports.com/?page_id=3&product_id=924.

Good luck with your search.

Here's mine:

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01150.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01149.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01151.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01154.jpg

Old 11-15-2013, 07:16 PM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i love my c&c sport tour with backrest.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:19 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i agree with what jpicht said. i have the mustang vintage solo with the backrest and pad. the backrest makes a world of difference on your back. got mine from dennis kirk, the best price i could find no tax and free shipping.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 AM
yekans
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpicht
I have been looking at adding a backrest to my stock seat (my Mustang is a Wide Tripper Solo with Diamond Pleat) so I will have both solo and two-up with backrests.
You've probably already considered this, jpicht, but don't you also have the option of adding the Mustang passenger seat with backrest to your Wide Tripper Solo? I'm running that setup and it means not going back to stock when I'm planning to have a passenger.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:03 AM
jpicht
Tourer

Originally Posted by yekans
You've probably already considered this, jpicht, but don't you also have the option of adding the Mustang passenger seat with backrest to your Wide Tripper Solo? I'm running that setup and it means not going back to stock when I'm planning to have a passenger.
You are correct. I already have the passenger seat from Mustang. However, the Solo seat pushes me forward about an inch over stock. While this doesn't make it uncomfortable, I do like the stock seating position a little better (I'm 6'1" and like all the leg room I can get).

Here is the passenger seat on "Ethel".
(I have since added 16" apes since these pics)

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01147.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01146.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01144.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01142.jpg

Seat with Rider Backrest-dsc01143.jpg

Old 11-16-2013, 07:32 AM
jpicht
Tourer
Default Seat with backrest

Just saw this in the classifieds. Essentially the same seat I have (mine has the diamond pleat). Very comfortable and a great price. You could add the passenger pillion and viola, you have your two-up seat.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-backrest.html

Old 11-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Max10
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a mustang seat with backrest. Will always have a seat with a backrest. Of coarse it's removable so you'll always have that option. Keeps you more upright which helps because I tend to slouch as the ride goes on. Put more miles on and still be comfortable. I don't really care for the looks of the separate passenger seat. Seems like it was just an afterthought.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpicht
Just saw this in the classifieds. Essentially the same seat I have (mine has the diamond pleat). Very comfortable and a great price. You could add the passenger pillion and viola, you have your two-up seat.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-backrest.html
Thanks for that...I have already sent him a pm and waiting for him to get back to me...Hopefully it is still available and he will ship out to Australia...

Cheers...Sparra