Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street glide bags on street bob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM
drew1879@gmail.com
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street glide bags on street bob?

I am wanting to put street glide bags on my 08 street bob. I finally found some in denim black that are ready to go after I figure out if they can actually be mounted. Anyone know if they can be mounted? Can I buy mounting hardware online anywhere? Wanna find out before tgese sell. Dont wanna buy to find out its impossible. Thanks

Old 11-19-2013, 06:48 AM
AtomiCapricorn
Intermediate

Someone else may chime in, but while you're waiting for that to happen, do a search for Dyna to bagger conversion, hard bags on Dyna, and check out the FL-Dyna social group.

Long story short: there are a couple of ways to go about what you're trying to accomplish. The easy and expensive way is to buy the whole CycleVisions kit, which includes mounting brackets and bag bottoms (someone is selling a complete setup in the had forums.com classifieds right now), bolt everything to your ride, and you're done.

The less easy, less expensive way is to find a deal on stock bags, build/fabricate your own brackets, modify the stock bags so they fit, bolt everything to your ride, and you're done.

I've been researching the heck out of this very subject for about a month, so I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got my bags from fairingplus.com with lids for $150+shipping and they are perfect fit. got the brackets from HD for a 09 and up[ streetglide and as soon as i get my pay this week i'll be orderign a hardware kit from eastern performance* a site sponser here*. if you dont mind the bags behidn the shocks you only need to fab the brackets to fit and bolt up right, if you dont like that look then you'll have to make pockets in the bags for your shocks to tuck into with the bags installed more forward. i am startign fab work on the brackets for mine this afternoon but if you have any questions feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to answer them. theres a few of us that have done this mod so plenty of minds to pick info from

Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Brian W
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NSCoyote, we have the hardware in stock for the saddlebags and we can ship it ASAP. be sure to use the forum5 discount for the 5% deal that we have running for forums members.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Daehawc
Tourer

I recently did this mod using the Cyclevisions Bagger Tail Dyna conversion. It's more expensive than modifying stock bags because they are cut and shaped to fit with the Dyna shocks. This keeps the large bags from sticking back behind the fender as far as stock bags would have to in order to clear the shocks.

Also, the bagger tail kit uses a full support frame that supports the bags from the bottom. This is critical if you are going to put any descent amount of weight in them. I also have some hard leather bags bolted up to some Easy Brackets. Worked great for a few years but on a 2 week trip with a bit more weight packed in the backing cracked from the torque.

I am selling my bagger tail setup strictly because I have a new kid and don't see myself using it enough to keep it. I love the setup and think it looks great for a street bob conversion.

Here's a link to my classified ad which has the full retail cost breakdown for you to see and a link to the build thread with more pictures.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ete-setup.html

Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian W
NSCoyote, we have the hardware in stock for the saddlebags and we can ship it ASAP. be sure to use the forum5 discount for the 5% deal that we have running for forums members.
i have actully been e-mailing with you guys in regards to it and shippign to Canada. beign forum sponsers was one of my primary reasons for using your site. im just waitign on my pay to come in and i'll put the order in for it

Originally Posted by Daehawc
I recently did this mod using the Cyclevisions Bagger Tail Dyna conversion. It's more expensive than modifying stock bags because they are cut and shaped to fit with the Dyna shocks. This keeps the large bags from sticking back behind the fender as far as stock bags would have to in order to clear the shocks.

Also, the bagger tail kit uses a full support frame that supports the bags from the bottom. This is critical if you are going to put any descent amount of weight in them. I also have some hard leather bags bolted up to some Easy Brackets. Worked great for a few years but on a 2 week trip with a bit more weight packed in the backing cracked from the torque.

I am selling my bagger tail setup strictly because I have a new kid and don't see myself using it enough to keep it. I love the setup and think it looks great for a street bob conversion.

Here's a link to my classified ad which has the full retail cost breakdown for you to see and a link to the build thread with more pictures.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ete-setup.html
ya thats the downfall of usign a stoc kfender and puttign the bags behind the shocks instead of tuckign the shocks. if your using a custom fender or modifying one you can keep the bags inline witht he fender rear easily enough. which is what i did with mine as i swapped the superglide for a fatboy fender for the longer look and just repositioned the mounting points so the fender sits a bit further back.

Last edited by NSCoyote; 11-19-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:09 PM
carjunkie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Brian W
Brian,you have a link to the hardware you reference?

Old 11-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything is possible if you have the money. Custom made mounts if you have the cash.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Yea it can be done relatively cheap if you do the mods your self.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:25 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by drew1879@gmail.com
I am wanting to put street glide bags on my 08 street bob. I finally found some in denim black that are ready to go after I figure out if they can actually be mounted. Anyone know if they can be mounted? Can I buy mounting hardware online anywhere? Wanna find out before tgese sell. Dont wanna buy to find out its impossible. Thanks
Ok, I don't know where to begin other than to tell you basically NO the Street Glide bags will not fit. HOWEVER, with some modification and some fabrication as done by NdfastIn (who did an amazing job. Do a search on his build of his bags) they will work. Here is a link to his work since he is obviously too modest to provide it (he has some real talent and patience, oh and time):
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...errerid=192038

Now having said this, if you do not want to do this then what Daehawc has offered is deal for you to consider and I would negotiate with him and see if you guys can agree on a deal. I built mine using the CycleVisions bags and mounts but sourced the lids, latches, etc elsewhere on EBay.
I also fabricated the FLHX fender to fit the FXDF.
The issue you will have is the Denim paint, if you stay with the OEM it will be pricey however if you are satisfied with a near match you can save a ton of money. For me, I am a stickler and it had to be a dead on match.
Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 11-29-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: street glide bags on street bob?