Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about the burly lowering kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 AM
gremlinsteve
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default question about the burly lowering kits

i bought my wife a wide glide for our anniversary the other day. got it for a pretty good deal i thought. brand new from the stealer for 13,900.
2013 model though.

anyways, i bought the bike because she fits it ok, not as good as she does on a sporty 48, but pretty gopod. and i am looking at lowering it a little more so she is a bit more sure footed. she is almost flat foot now and i would like to get her into a sold flat foot position.

any one done this mod to there bikes? any one have any major issues?

i understand the whole harsh ride ect stuff....she will be fine with all that. it wont be used for long rides. just as a bar hopper type scooter.

any info given would be appreciated...

Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 AM
mojo6677
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my 2012 fat bob.. The only issue I have is right turns.. My pipe scrapes when I take the turns hard... But going with V&H short shots soon... I am a big dude ride is not that bad, so I sure your wife would be fine with the ride of the shocks.. Other then that I love them!! Hope this helps you out.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:13 AM
gremlinsteve
Advanced

sweet.
how bad is the scrape? i can scrape the right side on my street glide pretty easy.
i assume that it can happen but she isnt a harsh rider by any means.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 AM
engr1371
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put part of the kit on my 08 dyna, two years ago and the ride is not to bad for me but my girlfriend thinks its a little rough. I never put the front lowering kit on because I liked the way the bike looked with the rear a little lower. I am now looking at putting an arnott air ride system on the bike when I return from afghan.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Not sure if you mean the shocks or just the kit. But I have, and love, the lowering shocks. Not much stiffer ride in my opinion, and rarely scrape at all with Short Shots. Never bottomed out the shock, but frame bottoms out once in awhile on tall speed bumps. And you will probably want a -1" shorter kickstand. Bike will sit uncomfortably upright on the stand... I got my Arlen Ness kickstand from ebay.

Last edited by ! rock103 !; 11-22-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:04 AM
gremlinsteve
Advanced

again,
thanks for the information.
ill pick up a kick stand while im doing it...

bike will not be riden two up

Old 11-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Zackattack
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rock103 whats the seat you have on your bob? low profile looks good! is it comfortable?

Old 11-22-2013, 11:13 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Zackattack
rock103 whats the seat you have on your bob? low profile looks good! is it comfortable?
I have a Wide Glide, and the seat in my old signature picture was the OEM solo. But have pictures of my C&C lopro solo in my garage gallery (link below). The C&C is a bit more comfortable than stock, but no touring seat by any means. I like the smooth profile of the C&C seat way better than the stocker.

Last edited by ! rock103 !; 11-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:04 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Show a pic or a link to the kit so others can get a visual of the product for consideration.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

We have a 2010 wide glide. It was lowered 1inch front and back with a C&C seat.
Very low. Solo it does good, 2 up ok. Since it will not being rode 2 up you should be good.
Only problem is the exhaust will scrape. I have tried several 2 into 1 but they would not work. We are using the V&H big radius with no scraping. Remember we ride 2 up a lot so the scraping may be less solo.
The C&C is great. I like it so much I got one for my Super Glide.If you have a mustang back rest for the driver it will work on the C&C seat.
We used HD 11 inch shocks in the rear, cheap and easy to find used. The progressive lowering kit. Total was around $150
Did the same thing on my super glide but the opposite direction. Used progressive fork springs and made my own spacers to remove the sag, and progressive 412 12.5 inch rear shocks. Rides great now 2 up and handles a lot better. Cost was $223
There a lot of ways to go, I only wanted you to see the cost doing it used VS new.

Quick Reply: question about the burly lowering kits