Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini floorboard + parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Bonzai
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini floorboard + parts

After I just ordered a set of Kuryakyn Premium Mini Floorboards for my FXDC, I just read some reviews and several stated to make sure you order adapters....

What adapters? Should they not just bolt right up? I ordered the ones with male mount, should I need anything more?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/429...um-mini-boards

Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The male mount for your bike. In this case for a HD.

This is from you link.
Model Specific Splined Adapter Mounts (sold separately)
These:
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/387...Mount-Adapters

Old 11-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Bonzai
Cruiser

So even though I ordered the ones with male mount, I still need the adapters? Should I have ordered the ones without male mount?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Make sure your mini floorboards do pivot! If they don't and your happen to drag a floorboard in a turn it can throw you. Had a friend years ago drag his kick stand and it threw him into a guard rail and he was killed.I always make sure my pegs move freeley to avoid this. If the boards you got came with male ends it should mount right up to your bike. Maybe post a pic of what you got.
Clap

Old 11-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Bonzai
Cruiser

Guess I'm still a bit confused....
I had the choice of ordering them with or without the male adapters so I ordered them with them thinking they would mount right on with no problem. I had mini's on a previous ride (not Kuryakyn) and they were as easy as mounting regular pegs.

Based on the link I posted, they should fold up like my previous ones but I wouldn't have the 'pivot' option. It looks like the only benefit of the adapters would give me that option which isn't needed.

The order should arrive on Tuesday but I can cancel the order and reorder the ones with out the male mount if that's what I need.

Does anyone have a clue on exactly what I need to order?

Old 11-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Infinite_Day
Cruiser

Pretty sure you're fine and have exactly what you need coming.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

You should be fine if they come with the adapter. No biggy.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Bonzai
Cruiser

Resolved!

After hours of research and asking questions I finally found the answer. I tried to check with Kuryakyn, but they are closed on Saturdays.

I went to an online chat, twice, with a major aftermarket retailer that is close by and they were no help at all. I would have been better off talking to a rock.

The issue is with the adapter. Kuryakyn lists 2 but I was unable to see the difference between them, I can be a little dense at times....

If you order or buy the one that comes with an adapter you don't know which you will get, and that was a problem with the one I ordered which I have since cancelled, and have now reordered the correct ones.

Here is the difference between the two:

Part #8883 adapter is non pivoting (here is where the dense part comes in, I mistook it for non rotating) It will not fold up.

Part # 8881 adapter (pivoting) allows the board to fold up, which is what I ordered and would suggest for ground out issues.

As far as the online chat went...oh my god...hit me in the head with a hammer......

Thanks to all who have replied, and I hope my resolve helps out anyone who has the same question or migraine.....

I'm off to ride!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Infinite_Day
Cruiser

I see and understand the difference in the adapters. However, the product you linked to in the original post shows adapters with the boards that are the ones that will allow them to fold up. That was my basis for stating that you should have had the correct parts coming. Sounds like Kuryakyn's descriptions kind of suck. You get random adapters when you order? That's stupid. Glad you got it figured out.