Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

metzler vs michelin

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:04 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts
Default metzler vs michelin

who has had both metzlers and michelin commander II and how would you compare them

i have always liked the feel and milage of metzlers but decided to try out a set of night dragons because i wanted a tire with alittle more grip under hard aceleraton

i put the ND on the front and was wanting for the back metzler to wear out and in the time , just a couple thousand miles i already decided i am not going to like the ND. the front Night dragon just feels "peaky". I mean the tire feels good in the turns but does feel as stable on the highway as the metzler, plus it graps at tar snakes and lane markers. I have experimented with different tire pressures too.

Is the michelin commander 2 a good option for me? Keep in mind that i like and have been happy with the metzler i just wish it would "hook up" alittle better on these slick city streets we have around here

Old 12-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master
Received 268 Likes on 158 Posts

I thought the Metzlers wore out to fast. They started cupping at 4000K and I did not like the feel after. I am on my second set of C IIs. For the money they are a good tire and get a lot longer wear.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 AM
floridamk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had Metz but do have the C II's and really like them.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

a few more things
I have two buddies that put a set of dragons on and both of them complaned about the wet traction.
A good friend just put some commander 2 on before a trip and he said they handle grreat and felt real good in the rain too.but he rides like an old man

on my truck i have michelin Ltx m/s 2 and they are by far the best truck tires i have ever had, the also currently have 65,000 milese on the set and look good
also wife has michelins on her mustange and they have proven to me great tires and currently have 52,000 on the set and not even thinking of changing them yet

i use the dyna for everything, hotroding, sunday cruisin with the wife, and out of state trips like to sturgis. So i need a magic tire that can do eveerything

metzler is the best ive found yet but very tempted to try the commander 2

Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Have had both, like MCII's better

Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had both.... Currently running the MCII on the rear, and am really liking it. I have always been a Metzeler fan, and love the way they feel during aggressive cornering, but did not like the low mileage. The MCII has 4k miles on it and still looks new...and the grip during aggressive cornering is as good as the Metzeler. Cant wait to see how many miles I get out of it.

IMO the night dragon is not much better than stock Dunlops.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I ran both on my Dyna. I liked them both. They both got good mileage but the Michelin got much better mileage.

I found traction to be good on both but a little better with the Metzeler.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to be needing tires in the next 2-3k miles and I've been going a lot of research on all different tires and talking to a lot of people recently.

From what I've found out, the MCII seems to be the best all around tire...handles well, rides well & lasts longer than anything else out there. When it's time to replace again, this is what I will be going with. I want to get the most mileage possible is my biggest concern, but don't want to sacrifice handling either.

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the Metzlers....some like them, some don't & I've read a lot of complaints about them wearing out fast...not for me.

I run Michelins on everything I own for a reason.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone run the pilot 3's after trying the C 2's?

Old 12-18-2013, 04:41 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

i had such high hopes for the night dragons, but i guess thats just the way it goes
I have always gotten great milage from the metzlers, i was tempted to try the metzler 888 but i dont think they have it in my size yet

Quick Reply: metzler vs michelin