Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Bike Gear FXDWG Plate & Rear Signal Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great Bike Gear FXDWG Plate & Rear Signal Relocation

Just wanted to see if anyone has installed Great Bike Gear's Rear Turn Signal and License Plate Relocation Kit... (http://greatbikegear.com/store/fxdwgi-license-plate-relocation-c-24.html)

It says there's no modification or wiring necessary, but when I unbolted the stock signals, the wires didn't seem to have much play in them... And judging by the pics they have on their site all they did was unbolt the rear shock at the lower mounting point and that was it... Any insight from someone who has traveled this road before me would be appreciated. Thanks...

Old 12-29-2013, 09:41 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone
Just wanted to see if anyone has installed Great Bike Gear's Rear Turn Signal and License Plate Relocation Kit... (http://greatbikegear.com/store/fxdwg...tion-c-24.html)

It says there's no modification or wiring necessary, but when I unbolted the stock signals, the wires didn't seem to have much play in them... And judging by the pics they have on their site all they did was unbolt the rear shock at the lower mounting point and that was it... Any insight from someone who has traveled this road before me would be appreciated. Thanks...
Check for some extra slack in the wires under your fender and under your seat. I had plenty when I relocated my sigs (the first time).

Old 12-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered one off ebay. I already had the H-D relocation kit mounted, and I'm not crazy about how it looks.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:11 PM
TexasD
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

I just installed this on my 2010 WG. There isn't much slack at all, but it will work without modification
You can pull some of the slack out of the wiring harness under the seat, it's taped so you'll have to cut the tape a bit
Love the way it turned out on my bike