Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ecm part numbers world wide

Old 12-31-2013, 07:11 PM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ecm part numbers world wide

okay I will start this discussion up
people think every time they change the air filter and exausht on their bike they feel its going too destroy their bike motor.

but when they do it on there cars they don't do any thing with their ecm

my question then what is the part numbers for the Harley ecm for various country in the world????????

as all s countries fuel is made in different refinerys different octane, different additives, atmosphere condition

example
mexico ecm number 1
Alaska number 2
united kingdom ecm 3
Poland ecm 4
japan ecm 5

so in the factory they have redisgned the software for the ecm for each country condition ... so in my way off thinking Harley have thousands off ecm programmed only for the country that bike going down the line will be sold in. a japan ecm wont work in a usa bike is what you guys are trying too say . as japan is a totally different ecm program

Old 01-01-2014, 05:18 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The ECMs cope with various local laws and such. For instance, the international models have active intake and exhaust valves that have to be managed by the ECM. There are also differences in lighting etc. Its the software loaded on them for the locality that changes slightly.

The tuning is set by what is loaded in the various tables. As its not possible to get the stock tune table contents off the bike I can't tell you if they vary by country but it is possible. I'd say its fairly minor difference, probably mostly to the VE tables to cope with the slightly different exhausts and air cleaners.

The part number for the ECM is the same for all countries. 32534-05C on my '10 FXDF.

people think every time they change the air filter and exausht on their bike they feel its going too destroy their bike motor
Not many do think that. Or at least I hope so. Since '06 and the introduction of O2 sensors and the Delphi EFI these bikes can cope with stage-1 hardware and various fuels (gasoline, E5, E10, etc) without changing the tune in the ECM. It won't be the best tune but it won't "destroy their bike motor".