Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Show - Way Different Than Stock

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:30 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Bike Show - Way Different Than Stock

With the spring buying season approaching, I thought I would start a show-and-tell thread for the new guys that are having trouble deciding on which Dyna to buy.

I've been seeing a lot of threads lately in which people are torn between the Street Bob and SGC, or the Switchback and any of the other Dyna's. All the Dyna's are great bikes and each has their "look" from the factory, but honestly, any of them can be taken in different directions from Club Style, bobber style, etc. Potential buyers seem to be hung up on how these bikes look on the dealership floor. Look at some of the bikes on here like TrainedKilla's awesome WG, or AFMM3's Street Bob DuoGlide conversion that blows me away every time I see it. All the Dyna's have so much potential that buyers need to see the bikes that put the Dyna in dynamic.

So, if your bike is vastly different than its stock form, show it off here so the new guys can have a place to see the style possibilities for each model. As an example, I would like to see some of the Switchbacks that have morphed away from the original concept. It's an underrated bike and people fail to see the potential.

So, if your Dyna is vastly different than its stock form, show it off here. Don't hesitate to tell us about the mods.

-----------------------

I'll start with my 2013 Street Bob. I stopped by the dealer yesterday. As I'm getting off the bike, a crusty old biker said, "Nice bike; what was it before you turned into this?"

I ordered it from H-D1 with the 103, Candy Orange paint and forward controls. 16" HD Fat Apes were installed prior to delivery.

I spent a year riding and modding toward the low bobber style until I realized that I missed the aggressive style of a good handling bike. As a result, I've changed the bars MX bars on 13" Forbidden Risers, plus a Memphis Shades Gauntlet fairing. 13" shocks are in the mail, and front-end suspension components are going in within the next few weeks.

Last edited by SLV; 01-13-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Definitely one of a kind, unique!

Old 01-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

good idea SLV! Only now, after we got some of our fat bob- wide glide conversion guys in here, we're really gonna confuse the noobs! Haha! Its true tho, your dyna is just a blank page, anything can come from it.
As soon as I get my bike back together, I'll post up some new pics.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

I'll bite. My superglide

Old 01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
jcrumpley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine started as a bone stock lowrider. It is just what I wanted now.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:43 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Too many mod to be listed. I did not transform my stock Dyna to a different animal, just the way I like lol. Video isn't current, rear shocks and rear wheel changed recently.

Last edited by 128auto; 05-05-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Jason.
Great example. The choice between SGC and Street Bob may start with a black/chrome decision, but potential is wide open for both.

Alex,
Your bike is kick ***. It doesn't have to be a different animal to demonstrate potential for uniqueness. Your's shows that the right mods can make a Street Bob function as well as a Switchback for multi-function riding.

Jcrumpley.
It ain't none stock anymore. Another great example of a blank slate becoming something really special.

I can't wait to see some of the Switchbacks that left the showroom style behind.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

This is about the closest picture of the bike stock I have:

Since then I've done a lot:

Changed the rear end to a 2014 fxdf
blacked everything out (fender struts, dash, horn, etc)
ness fairing
single led light from the dual
11 1/2 wct-bars
(putting 13" shocks on today actually)
converted the stock fwds to mids
Some stuff cosmetic and lots of other not so cosmetic.

Wish i could find a nice set of wheels i like that fit and are cheap. :/ I really dig the new Morris wheel set from RSD. The last thing I'd love to do is swap out my dash and panel for the 2014 dash and panel, just not sure yet if it's doable.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ More pics of this please. I'm curious how that headlight turned out, and how it fits in the fairing. A buddy of mine is going down a similar route...
Pics of that rear fender too. Also, I dig the gloss powder on the exhaust, very nice.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

I second that, the gloss black is killer! Black beauty

Quick Reply: Bike Show - Way Different Than Stock