Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Street Bob "Build" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM
LagunaGlide
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
Default 2014 Street Bob "Build" Thread

So I brought my bike home today, and I thought I would start a thread to show what I have done as time goes on.

First pic is me sitting on her for the first time at the dealer

Once I got her home I took a crappy pic before I touched anything, because I wouldn't be long...

And a few hours later I removed all the reflectors, and all the other stupid stickers they put on em...

These are the parts that are awaiting install. Need my tool box to arrive from Germany so I can get some work done. I got 14" Road 6 Customs apes. A Road 6 Side plate bracket. A 2.5" tank lift from DK Custom. And some bear trap foot begs from DK Custom. I ordered some Get a Grip Magnums, and the passenger mounts. I also have a nice two up seat that I will put on with the wife wants a ride.

31 Jan 2014
I got a hair up my butt yesterday, and decided screw the cold I was working on the bike. It has to be done as soon as there is even a chance to ride! So I pulled the handlebars off, and removed the risers. I decided there was no way I was putting the riser back on chrome. So I did some plasti-dip today on the the Air cleaner cover, the front signal housings, and the risers. All turned fairly well. There are some imperfections on the signal housings from where I removed the masking tape. Going to let everything sit overnight, and will likely have it all back together tomorrow evening. Here are some pics.

The chrome A/C before being blacked out

The A/C after

The upper Riser clamp

Everything

and again all of it blacked out.

19 Feb 2014
I got all my winter mods done, but have neglected to take pics until today. It's just been too nasty out to pull the bike out and get decent pics. So here is what got done. I installed the 14" Road 6 Custom Apes I ordered. Blacked out the Rear signals and cow bell, removed the license plate frame, and relocated it to the axle with a plate frame from Road 6 customs. The bear trap pegs from DK have been installed. The rear pegs have been installed, and a 2.5in tank lift from DK has been completed. Here are some pics from today. Ignore the dirty tires...

Last edited by LagunaGlide; 02-19-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added Content
Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM
LagunaGlide
Road Master

25 March 2015

This thread has been down for awhile. Riding, and life got in the way. It's time to raise the dead though. Between now and my last update not much has happened. Added a Sissy bar, and a two up seat that's about all.

I sent some parts out for Powder Coating at the beginning of the month. Let me say The Powder Pro knocked it out of the park. I couldn't be happier with how these parts turned out. **** looks like black chrome. Also they pay such close attention to detail the noticed I had left the tension washer on the shifter linkage. They could have just thrown that **** back in the box, or on the floor, but they made sure to put it back on the linkage before wrapping it up to send back to me. Crazy props to The Powder Pro. I also installed a Bad&G battery bag. Pretty nice little bag. Installed everything, and cleaned her up for pics.

Here is all the finished parts. B-E-A-utiful

D@mn that cleaner cover looks sexy between that V!

This shot right here, pure sex....

Last edited by LagunaGlide; 03-25-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 01-11-2014, 03:29 PM
LagunaGlide
Road Master

saved

LagunaGlide
Road Master

saved again

LagunaGlide
Road Master

another save!

LagunaGlide
Road Master

One more for good measure?

LagunaGlide
Road Master

OK... One more...

Old 01-11-2014, 09:58 PM
RomeoMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackburnD
So I brought my bike home today, and I thought I would start a thread to show what I have done as time goes on.

First pic is me sitting on her for the first time at the dealer

Once I got her home I took a crappy pic before I touched anything, because I wouldn't be long...

And a few hours later I removed all the reflectors, and all the other stupid stickers they put on em...

These are the parts that are awaiting install. Need my tool box to arrive from Germany so I can get some work done. I got 14" Road 6 Customs apes. A Road 6 Side plate bracket. A 2.5" tank lift from DK Custom. And some bear trap foot begs from DK Custom. I ordered some Get a Grip Magnums, and the passenger mounts. I also have a nice two up seat that I will put on with the wife wants a ride.
will your apes need cable extensions? I also put a passenger seat on my SB and went with Mustang Tripper two pieces in brown, but they do color inlays too, just in case you'd like some color with all the black.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM
LagunaGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by RomeoMike
will your apes need cable extensions? I also put a passenger seat on my SB and went with Mustang Tripper two pieces in brown, but they do color inlays too, just in case you'd like some color with all the black.
Nope another member out the exact same bars I have on his '14 and no issues.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice bars.

What do you think you're saving??

Last edited by JaronB; 01-12-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Street Bob "Build" Thread