Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost Brackets, Easy Brackets, or......?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Protrucker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost Brackets, Easy Brackets, or......?

We're looking for a way to have detachable saddlebags on my wife's '05 Low Rider. Apparently H/D hasn't produced a set up for them & we're looking for the best aftermarket setup we can find. I've heard a lot about Easy Brackets, but I've heard that they rattle. Lately I've been hearing about Ghost Brackets, but haven't really heard any feedback about them. What do you all think would be the best way to go? Any other suggestions other than the ones I've mentioned?

Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer
Default RE: Ghost Brackets, Easy Brackets, or......?

I have Easy Brackets on both my 05 Wide Glide and my wife's 06 Low Rider. Yes, it is true that they rattle every once in a while but, it isn't anything regular. Usually only when you are hitting some bumps or uneven pavements. I am really particular about that type of thing and these brackets pass my requirements.

I have looked at the Ghost Brackets and they mount the bags out more to the side than the Easy Brackets. I like the closer mounting that the Easy Brackets provide.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:47 PM
makoshark333
Cruiser

I have an 06 Bobber and there wasn't much out there for a clean look. I love them. They do rattle some and the only thing I will need to change I think is the stud sticking out in the fender well if I move up to a 180 tire. I beleive there may be an interference problem. All in all, I would put on another bike. They more than meet my needs and I like the bag that was offered. Good Luck MAKO!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:52 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Ghost Brackets and they rattled, too. I drilled and tapped a hole for a 1/4-20 screw in the top of the brackets that tightened against the front docking spool to eliminate the slop. Not pretty, but it was better than the rattling that drove me crazy. Going from memory, but they moved the bags out about 1 1/2" from the struts.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:08 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the easy brakets and they rattle any time you ride when they're empty.They don't rattle when they're full.I haven't tried it yet but I heard that if you add a 1/16" washer to one set of the pegs front or back the offset will tighten them up just enough to stop the rattle.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:31 PM
rob_will
Tourer

Does anyone have the barebacks??

Kinda interested in them..

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...rand=BareBacks

Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM
mbracey
Advanced

I have barebacks, I really like them, there very clean with the chrome covers when the bags are not on the bike and it is a tight rattle free mount when they are on the bike. Only takes a couple of minutes to install or remove the bags, I do not know of a way to lock the bags with the barebacks if that is a concern. Good Luck

Old 03-19-2007, 04:51 PM
bradmond
Novice

I have the barebacks on order from Zanotti's...I also read they kept the bags a bit closer to the bike, looking forward to getting um.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boss Bags. Expensive; but the best usually is.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
vicsponjr
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I went with Willie & Max Raptor Standard Slant Saddlebag #SB802from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse, thruAmazon.com. Was the best price I found. $112.30 with shipping.
I got the easy brackets from Willie and max for $149. The brackets were a breeze to put on once the turn signals were out of the way[:@]You have to decide where you want the bags to sit by mounting the brackets to the bike, hold the bags in place, mark them, then drill the holes into the saddlebags for the screws that come with the easy brackets. The easy brackets are heavy duty quality stuff. Very nice. I guess they should be for $150, lol, cost more than my bags, lol.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23770/E3A187F70CCD412B9B67C38615EE69B8.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Ghost Brackets, Easy Brackets, or......?