Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licence plate relocation on 2014 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 AM
lesplay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Licence plate relocation on 2014 Street Bob

Has anyone done it? I know the 2013 had a bracket that was easily removeable but the 2014 has the plate mount integrated into the left taillight mounting assembly. As it stands now, if I just remove the plate mount from the taillight, the left taillight will be shorter than the right. As far as I can tell, I either need to cut the plate assembly away from the spacer tab between the taillight and fender, with my side grider, or buy another taillight like the right side that has a standard length post.

Thoughts?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by lesplay
Has anyone done it? I know the 2013 had a bracket that was easily removeable but the 2014 has the plate mount integrated into the left taillight mounting assembly. As it stands now, if I just remove the plate mount from the taillight, the left taillight will be shorter than the right. As far as I can tell, I either need to cut the plate assembly away from the spacer tab between the taillight and fender, with my side grider, or buy another taillight like the right side that has a standard length post.

Thoughts?
The '13 and '14 are the same. A shorter stalk on the left to make space for the LP bracket.

You can buy just the stalks on Ebay or from the dealer. Stalks from myst Softail, Sportsters or othe Dynas work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVID...56c520&vxp=mtr

There are many to choose from on Ebay. They even have single if you don't want a pair. I'd recommend buying the pair just in case there are minor differences.

Also, I have a thread for a very clean looking tail mount for your plate. Let me see if I can find it.

Finally, don't cut the wires like I did. Look for Molex disassembly on YouTube. It's very easy to take the connector apart if you know the trick.

Last edited by SLV; 01-31-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:05 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Old 01-31-2014, 10:19 AM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Or do what I did & get an '06 fender. Looks way better in my opinion. It's an expensive thing to do, but I like the full fender rather than the chopped one.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:55 PM
lesplay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SLV
The '13 and '14 are the same. A shorter stalk on the left to make space for the LP bracket.

You can buy just the stalks on Ebay or from the dealer. Stalks from myst Softail, Sportsters or othe Dynas work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVID...56c520&vxp=mtr

There are many to choose from on Ebay. They even have single if you don't want a pair. I'd recommend buying the pair just in case there are minor differences.

Also, I have a thread for a very clean looking tail mount for your plate. Let me see if I can find it.

Finally, don't cut the wires like I did. Look for Molex disassembly on YouTube. It's very easy to take the connector apart if you know the trick.
Unfortunately, the Stalks are made into the turn signal housing. As I said above, I would have to buy a whole housing like the right side, which is full length. Thanks tho...

Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 AM
lesplay
Cruiser
Default License plate relocation

Here is a pic of the left side turn signal spacer/license plate mounting bracket.

Attached Thumbnails Licence plate relocation on 2014 Street Bob-dyna-taillight.jpg  
Old 02-01-2014, 06:06 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

The stalk will separate from the housing once you loosen it and remove the bolt (under the fender.). It looks solid, but it isn't. The stalk is resting in a depression on the side of the bullet, but is is a separate piece.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:20 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lesplay
Unfortunately, the Stalks are made into the turn signal housing. As I said above, I would have to buy a whole housing like the right side, which is full length. Thanks tho...
You're 100% correct. The 2014 bracket is NOTHING like the 2013. That SLV guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:00 PM
chainbreaker
Cruiser

I have a 2014 FXDBP, and my turn signal stalks are separate. I just had them off to install a docking hardware kit. He is right, one stalk is just a little shorter that's all. All ya need is a longer stalk from another bike. Mine was built 11-06-2013.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SquidHead
You're 100% correct. The 2014 bracket is NOTHING like the 2013. That SLV guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
I think you mean to say, I don't know what YOU'RE talking about! The bracket might be different, but the install is the same, so there! Take that!

Quick Reply: Licence plate relocation on 2014 Street Bob