Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 14 SB Performance Mod List.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:11 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default MY 14 SB Performance Mod List.

Hello, I am currently doing the cosmetic stuff to my bike now till I get 1000 miles on her then I am going to start on the performance mods. Just wanted to get your guys feedback and opinions. My goal is to have the bike complete by April for the Thunder Beach rally in Florida.

Stage 1 intake (DK Customs Outlaw 587)

Woods TW 222 Cams

Fuel Moto Adjustable Push Rods

Power Vision Tuner

Thunderheader or D&D Bob Cat Exhaust

I previously had this setup on my Ultra minus the intake (I had Zippers) and exhaust (D&D Fat Cat). The cams were awesome and pulled HARD. I have installed 2 other sets in my dads and a good friends bike they were so impressed when they rode mine. Anyway, I am not a high engine revving type of guy usually no more than 4000 is more than enough for me. That is why I like the TW-222's they come on low in the rpm range.

I previously had a Thunderheader on my wide glide and imop it didn't seem to come alive till high in the rpm's which I was rarely in. Loved the pipe and sound just an observation. I do like the look of the Bob Cat just can't find much info on it, mostly sportster info.

Thanks for any info and opinions!

Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 PM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm waiting for my new bike, which is coming with the Bobcat. As you said, there's not much info about the system on Dynas yet.

One thing though, is that it sits very close to the lower shock-bolt, so if you plan on doing taller shocks, there will be an issue...

I'll post some pics when I get mine in about a month, unless you beat me to it

Old 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok, sounds good. If I did anything with the shocks I would put on some 11.5 progressives, 1/2 inch shorter than stock

Old 02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Flickerdart1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your mods. sound like they fit your riding style. I ride like you do ( lower end of RPMs ) and I too recently went through what you are facing. From what I have researched , regarding my "build", you will like this build as much as your previous Ultra ! Best of luck with the new "ride" !

Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, the trick is for me is to find a pipe that performs better on the low/mid rpm range.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Flickerdart1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Thanks, the trick is for me is to find a pipe that performs better on the low/mid rpm range.
..I found on the stock and the after FatCAT install , dyno run on my FXDC that the torque came on at exactly the same RPM. Only difference was that after the FatCat install , there was more torque at any RPM ! After all mods. I had MUCH more torque (118 ft/lbs) and it came on at exactly the same RPM as the stock dyno run......(the torque curve was a very large , much taller , copy of the stock curve--- I used the TW555 cams).....................peak torque was obtained at 3500 RPM--------------------------------

Last edited by Flickerdart1; 02-03-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:41 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

peak torque was obtained at 3500 RPM
That is where I like it!

I'm between the D&D Bobcat, Thunderheader and Bassani Road Rage.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:21 AM
boosting1bar
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Bobcat on my 48 and it was awesome. If the Dyna version is at all like that I bet it's pretty badass. It was on my shortlist when I was shopping for pipes/

Old 02-05-2014, 05:40 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

I have narrowed my list for exhaust to either the D&D Bob Cat or the Bassani Road Rage. I like the RR pipe that follows the swingarm and comes just short of the rear axle nut. I understand there are a few different lenghts and models. I can't find any real world feedback on the Bob Cat other than a dyno sheet on D&D's website. I would appreciate any info from people who are running the Road Rage. As I stated above I am looking for a good low to mid rpm pipe. Thanks veyr much!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:53 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I have the RR 1D 5250, I love it but generally speaking shorter pipes are better for mid to high rpm.

Quick Reply: MY 14 SB Performance Mod List.