Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tank Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Muppet Master
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank Lift?

Hey Fellas,
Long time no see. I did a quick search but couldn't find what I was looking for. So if this topic is already covered then please point me in the right direction. I have a 2012 Fat Bob, and I am thinking it needs a tank lift. What do you guys think of the lift? Does it really make a difference on the engine temperature? Could someone post/email me pics of their Fat Bob with the lift? Please include height and maker.
Thanks. Semper Fi

Last edited by Muppet Master; 02-02-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
boosting1bar
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muppet Master
Hey Fellas,
Long time no see. I did a quick search but couldn't find what I was looking for. So if this topic is already covered then please point me in the right direction. I have a 2012 Fat Bob, and I am thinking it needs a tank lift. What do you guys think of the lift? Does it really make a difference on the engine temperature? Could someone post/email me pics of their Fat Bob with the lift? Please include height and maker.
Thanks. Semper Fi
I have the DK lift on my bike, I really dig it. I've had my bike torn down the better part of the last month. I started reassembling everything today and have it mostly back together. I'm hoping to get some CNC time tomorrow to fine tune my LED headlight adapter bracket to finish it up. Here's a pic of the kit close up and a profile shot after I'd swapped my Burly kit on (which is now back off lol)

Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Muppet Master
Advanced

Nice garage, and thank you. Did you need to raise the handle bars as well, or was it for another reason?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

I lifted mine 2 inches. Now i don't know if there any noticeable advantage as to the heat or not. But i just think the tanks look better lifted some as the sit level when lifted and that a look i like. As far as handle bars i don't think you have a problem unless possibly you have pull back riser's on them.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 AM
boosting1bar
Tourer

Nice garage, and thank you. Did you need to raise the handle bars as well, or was it for another reason?
Thanks! And no I already had the bars and was putting them on so I went ahead and got the tank lift while waiting for other parts so I can't say for sure. I got the shortest one DK makes (I think it was 2"?) because I didn't want it raised up too high. If I had to guess I'd say it would've cleared the bars just fine based on the angle that it lifts the tank. Their customer service is awesome, shoot them an email and I'm sure they can tell you for sure.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:29 AM
boosting1bar
Tourer

Originally Posted by latrobedyna
I lifted mine 2 inches. Now i don't know if there any noticeable advantage as to the heat or not. But i just think the tanks look better lifted some as the sit level when lifted and that a look i like. As far as handle bars i don't think you have a problem unless possibly you have pull back riser's on them.
Yeah I forgot that part of the question, I can't say I've noticed any appreciable difference in heat either. I can't imagine that little bit of added clearance makes enough difference to show. Mine was purely a cosmetic choice too.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Muppet Master
Advanced

I love the look of the lifted tank. It gives the bike a more aggressive, "raised shoulders" kind of look. What I dont like is the large gap between the tank and engine though. Is there any kind of filler one can add in? Maybe I can throw a skull or something in there... Is the lift hard to do?

Old 02-03-2014, 04:09 AM
boosting1bar
Tourer

Is the lift hard to do?
Not at all, it's quite simple. It's much easier if you have a set of spare hands to hold the tank up for you while you add the lift pieces. If you don't, just cover your rocker tops with a towel and disconnect the front tank bolt and easily set the tank down onto the rockers while doing it. I shoved a little shim from a 2x4 between the tank and the neck to hold it up high while I put them on then lowered it down.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:34 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What hole diameter is needed?. I might fab one or my sb this weekend.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tank lifts look awesome on Dynas (though I'm probably a little biased ). Hardware is 5/16" if you want to try fabbing your own.

Here is a link to our kit on our website:

http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dead-...ls_p_1101.html

Quick Reply: Tank Lift?