Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

handlebar switch clean up

Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Wideglide_Steve
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default handlebar switch clean up

I've been looking for way's to clean up my handlebars and get the switches off the bars. Maybe put them somewhere else. But, not sure how or where to put them. I have a 05 wide glide by the way. Just seeing what you guy's have done or options you have. I searched the forum but, couldn't find anything.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Muddyape
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont have it already buy the service manual and start looking at some wiring diagrams. I did what your asking about but also got rid of my blinkers and horn. Not because I couldnt move the wiring...just didnt want them anymore. Youll have to jump the nuetral bypass switch (I did mine right at the connection in the frame) My on/off, high beam and start switches are now on the center console of my 07 SB. Not hard but not easy but well worth it.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddyape
If you dont have it already buy the service manual and start looking at some wiring diagrams. I did what your asking about but also got rid of my blinkers and horn. Not because I couldnt move the wiring...just didnt want them anymore. Youll have to jump the nuetral bypass switch (I did mine right at the connection in the frame) My on/off, high beam and start switches are now on the center console of my 07 SB. Not hard but not easy but well worth it.

That's pretty slick. Do you find this setup convenient?

OP. I can't remember the name of the product, but there is a switch assembly that is built into the handgrips. Basically just flush button on the grips themselves. I'll see if I can find it. It looks great without actually relocating.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/03/27/...witch-bar-kit/

This is the one I was thinking about.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Wideglide_Steve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Muddyape
I took off all my blinkers when I first got the bike. I really like your idea of putting the switches there. What about making them hidden by the seat or under the tank?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Wideglide_Steve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SLV
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/03/27/...witch-bar-kit/

This is the one I was thinking about.
I saw that but, from what everyone keeps saying you can't run a front brake with that set up.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
jlresq06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can change out to a banjo bolt brake light switch

Old 02-06-2014, 02:17 PM
rgb66
Club Member
Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideglide_Steve
I saw that but, from what everyone keeps saying you can't run a front brake with that set up.

Why? Because of the way it's mounted on the black handlebars pictured?

I still think that is pretty cool and it sure would clean up things. Though in most cases I tend to go the direction of Muddyapes's solution. Something I can fix with the tools in my jacket pocket.