Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibra-Technics motor mount install

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 04:05 PM
MoshTeam
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt did you become a distributor? Or is there a forum discount ? Im ready to order one.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:54 AM
canyoncritter
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have a solid 100hp/100 tq motor.
I went threw a couple of factory mounts pretty quick and had the wobbles at 90mph.bit the bullet and sent in a order. Think it took 4days to come in.
Install was straight forward.and took about a hr.

Oil filter n cooler removed gave me enuff room.used a 2inch wooden dowel to lift the motor a little by wedgeing and prying.all done by myself.

Love the mount,made the bike firm up so to say. Took the rubber band feel away when gettin it out of the hole.
Took alot of the flexing wobble out around sweepers, triple digits can be had again.
Never really had bad vibrations when the stock mounts were good.motor was balanced when built,so could be why. Dose feel as has vibration now.but nothing bad.just know have a performance type of mount. Couple 500 mile gas only stops, rides on it. Cant complain. Worth the price in my mind.very well built mount.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:11 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MoshTeam
Matt did you become a distributor? Or is there a forum discount ? Im ready to order one.
Unfortunately no to both. Gotta go straight to the source.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Percy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched the video on another thread about oil from the filter causing deterioration of the oem isolator rubber. Does this product eliminate that issue? It looks protected from the pictures I have been able to find, but would like to hear form you guys who have one. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:22 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Percy
Just watched the video on another thread about oil from the filter causing deterioration of the oem isolator rubber. Does this product eliminate that issue? It looks protected from the pictures I have been able to find, but would like to hear form you guys who have one. Thanks.
It doesn't completely eliminate the issue. The top has a round hole that is plugged. It would be difficult for oil to work past the plug. The rubber isolator is better protected but I can see how oil could still work its way in there if someone were careless.

Bottom line: be more careful with oil changes. Put rags down, cut a milk carton apart to use as a funnel under the filter, drive a nail into end of filter to let the filter drain before removing, wrap a bread bag around the filter before spinning off. .etc

Old 09-18-2014, 06:16 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The rubber used by Vibratechnics is impervious to oil. You can soak it when changing and it won't matter at all. I think it's nitrile but don't quote me on that.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,245 Likes on 3,623 Posts

Originally Posted by canyoncritter
Have a solid 100hp/100 tq motor.
I went threw a couple of factory mounts pretty quick and had the wobbles at 90mph.bit the bullet and sent in a order. Think it took 4days to come in.
Install was straight forward.and took about a hr.

Oil filter n cooler removed gave me enuff room.used a 2inch wooden dowel to lift the motor a little by wedgeing and prying.all done by myself.

Love the mount,made the bike firm up so to say. Took the rubber band feel away when gettin it out of the hole.
Took alot of the flexing wobble out around sweepers, triple digits can be had again.
Never really had bad vibrations when the stock mounts were good.motor was balanced when built,so could be why. Dose feel as has vibration now.but nothing bad.just know have a performance type of mount. Couple 500 mile gas only stops, rides on it. Cant complain. Worth the price in my mind.very well built mount.
Let us know how it works for you after a few hard launches... It funny but I've got an older FXDX with over 50K on it that make 125/125 easy and only replaced the mounts due to Internet paranoia.. Bike is rock solid up to the speedo peg..

Old 09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Installed this mount on my '12 FXDC this weekend in about 20 minutes.. easy install.. The bike didnt have too much of a vibration problem before.. but the old mount upon examination at 5000 miles, was getting tired and the feedback through the bars was becoming noticeable..

Now the vibes are pretty much gone throughout the entire RPM range and the bike handles like its on rails.. totally changed alot of the bikes handeling characteristics.. caught myself out-riding the rear tire in a slow speed right sweeper the other day..

Worth every penny IMO..

As for the install itself, I did mine during a service and the oil filter was already off and everything else had been tucked out of the way.. easy peasy..

Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
Installed this mount on my '12 FXDC this weekend in about 20 minutes.. easy install.. The bike didnt have too much of a vibration problem before.. but the old mount upon examination at 5000 miles, was getting tired and the feedback through the bars was becoming noticeable..

Now the vibes are pretty much gone throughout the entire RPM range and the bike handles like its on rails.. totally changed alot of the bikes handeling characteristics.. caught myself out-riding the rear tire in a slow speed right sweeper the other day..

Worth every penny IMO..

As for the install itself, I did mine during a service and the oil filter was already off and everything else had been tucked out of the way.. easy peasy..

About a month ago I had a flat tire about 70 miles from home thanks to a screw in the rear tire. After a couple cans of fix-a-flat and a couple stops to put more air in the tire, I limped it home. The tube in the tire bunch up on one side of the tire and put it severely out of balance so the best I could do was about 40, but I got it there. After replacing both tires (and powder coating the rims while I was at it) and doing the 30-70 pulley swap, I took it for a test drive, and damn near lost it about 90mph. Apparently the rear tire being so out of balance finished off an already weak motor mount. The night before last I installed the VibraTechnics motor mount, and man what a difference! Almost no vibes and stable as hell to 110+!! The ride is so much more controlled now. I highly recommend it also.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Hero
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Received my order a few days ago and install was pretty painless - even just using a small car scissors jack. I wanted to give it some time and ride it out just to make sure it's not a placebo effect but man, does this thing make me smile now! Handling saw a marked improvement and I feel much more secure and confident in cornering.

As an added bonus - I didn't realise how deteriorated my original mount was at just over 30 000km (18 000 miles) but it no longer feels like my bike's trying to shake the fillings out of my teeth!

Money very well spent. Just want to add - I know that True track is a sponsor here and in no way is this meant to dissuade anyone from purchasing their product.

Quick Reply: Vibra-Technics motor mount install