Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibra-Technics motor mount install

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 PM
d1hojo07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by El Chiguete
Is this also true for Evo frames?

Also, if one uses shorter shocks should you take that in account?
Not sure on the evo but you can sent them an email and they will get back to you PDQ. Lower shocks shouldn't change anything with the front mount.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Since this thread popped up again I'll mention that today I had to do an 8 mile stint on the local interstate with swirling winds in excess of 35mph gusts. The wind coupled with multiple truck passings generally would have me a little on edge. I was amazed at the stability of the bike at 75-80 mph with the head and cross winds, it really is a completely different feeling stability wise. All cards on the table I also have recently adjusted my fall away in that it seemed a little loose after the bike's first 5000 miles. Still a great change in handling either way.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:12 AM
El Chiguete
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
... All cards on the table I also have recently adjusted my fall away in that it seemed a little loose after the bike's first 5000 miles. Still a great change in handling either way.
Your fall away?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:25 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by El Chiguete
Your fall away?
Stem bearings. These can come a little loose so the steering assembly can seem a little light. Easily checked and adjusted you can see vids in you tube. Service manual also has the procedure but I went a little tighter than spec.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:27 AM
El Chiguete
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pullend the trigger on this mount, lets see how it goes.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:50 AM
canyoncritter
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs down

Ive had the vt mount since september.
Shipping,lighting fast. Install pretty straight forward.wooden dowl big help to wedge between frame and motor to piviot around.
Some of the allens can be anoying at a hair at a time
Not a wheelie king but i do hammer it 100hp 95ci
Mounts taken alot of the elastic feel out of hole shots,as well as when shoving in to a corner. Mount dosent let the front of the motor yaw and deflect side to side
Like the stock mount.

Woble still shows up time to time when pushing hard. But my front end is in need of some tuning. Very soft at the moment. Just changed front end.

Bought the mount as the og mount failedand tore a replacement not long after,all while chaseing a woble
Woble went from doing the snake *** sway at 70-80ish pushing threw it sometimes or would start dancing like a strippers *** .
Vt mount really helped out alot,sway was all but gone but could push threw. Till the front end started dancing. ....that turned out to be fall a way and a iffy head set bearing.
Replaced bearing adjusted fall,slightly tight to the specs,
Sway gone on speedo operation checks.long highspeed sweepers with any roolers would stil get me sometimes.
Put about 6,000 mi it before changing front end.
now w narrow front end thats soft n squishy pretty shot rear tire, bike is prerty stable on highway not perfect,can feel if its getting close to a wobble or
predict it when pushing corners or the twistys. Highway stable at normal speeds, full sweep speedo operation checks,can be had with a smile instead of a cringe while checking pants for skidmarks
Vibration control the vibration frequency was changed is what i noticed

Seen others asking wondering about front mount oil cooler,got one no issues ive found

Id buy the mount again. Fair bang for the buck,feel it improved handling,and is built to last.
Anouther nice thing is when changing oil filter,dont have to fret over oil spillage as bad.as the factory mount is a spounge for oil that turns in to a gummy bear with time.
03 fxd,

Last edited by canyoncritter; 05-22-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:13 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by canyoncritter
dont have to fret over oil spillage as bad.as the factory mount is a spounge for oil that turns in to a gummy bear with time.
03 fxd,

Old 06-03-2015, 01:00 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,237 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Just ordered the Predator. After experiencing the "wobble" in a high speed sweeper, this sounds like a good option.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
jeemann99
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will make a world of difference. good luck

Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,237 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by jeemann99
it will make a world of difference. good luck
Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what the difference is like.

Quick Reply: Vibra-Technics motor mount install