Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibra-Technics motor mount install

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:08 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2000-05 FXDX/Mid Control/T Header/ Dougs Fairing

Just swingin by to confirm that this mount doesnt interfere with any of the parts I have on my 2000-05 FXDX/Mid Controls/T Header/ Dougs Chin Spoiler

I am ready to tighten this bike up a little more, install this mount and set fall away tighter than spec as recommended.

Feedback regarding fitment of this combo appreciated.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:35 PM
allsop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I'm learning a few things from this thread. Since I only get some vibes in a very narrow part of the RPM range I think it is safe to say my mounts are not worn yet. After reading most of the thread it seems to be the best determining factor?

Old 06-06-2015, 06:48 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I didn't think my front mount was that bad either but closer examining it was sitting flat collapsed hard on the top.
The oil filter right there doesn't help.
I have a Jagg oi cooler with the SS braised lines with high compression fittings and had to temporarily move it to install the VT.
With forwards and 2 into 2 dual exhaust and the oil cooler adapter and lines it all fits nice.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:28 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine just showed up today. Way quicker shipping than ordering stuff from people here in the US. Definitely an intense looking mount.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:11 PM
jeemann99
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will be 100% satisfied with the product

Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I received mine on Monday. The product looks great. The shipping took way longer than expected and communication was poor imo. The only email I received was the one confirming my order, no status updates or tracking information.

Also when I received the part I was surprised the bottom block wasn't black like it is on the website. I emailed them on Monday asking why this was and still haven't heard anything from them. Can't wait to put it on and go for a ride.

-Chris

Old 07-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Just put one on mine a few weeks ago....Very satisfied with the mount.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:57 AM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still haven't heard back from VT regarding the block not being black like its shown in the pictures... oh well.

My new rear mount showed up today so I decided to install them both. The install went great, no issues of any kind. The test ride afterwards also went well. The only real vibration while riding was cruising around 2500 rpm at lowerish speeds. Freeway riding was very smooth. The bike in general just felt more refined if that makes any since.

-Chris

Old 07-04-2015, 02:22 PM
El Chiguete
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its strange that they havent got back to you, me and others have had no issues on getting in contact with them.

For me after the installation its all real smooth and it feels very rigid/stiff (for me thats good but I think others could see that as more vibration at lower rpm) but since I want this to perform its best at highways speeds I'm 100% satisfied!

Old 07-14-2015, 05:41 PM
d1hojo07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is interested in saving a few bucks on one of these, check out the dyna parts section. I put these on two bikes and they are nice. If or when I ever get my bike tuned, It will be the smoothest it's ever been. This is in a 117ci motor.

Quick Reply: Vibra-Technics motor mount install