Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker new vs old version.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 10:23 AM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Daymaker new vs old version.

What's the difference between the old and the new? How do I tell them apart?

And where's the best place to buy original HD-part online? Can't find much on ebay...

Old 02-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Flickerdart1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look in the H.D. catalog for visual differences in identifying the two. Daylight is very distinctive and actually "lights up the night " when compared to stock H.D. headlight !
Don't know where to buy them cheap---bought mine at stealership......................

Old 02-09-2014, 02:25 PM
chris h.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OLD:

NEW:

Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The newer version has two additional lights in the lower quadrants. The extra lights provide a bit more spread at close range.

Old
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...d=0CLECEPMCMA0

New.
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CHQQpiswAQ

There are several online HD sellers that offer discounts from standard dealer prices.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm on the way home now from the VTwin Expo. I had my Local dealership (Chester's) install the Daymaker this weekend while I was out if town. I'll post pics and what I think of it next week. It had better have been the New model that was installed...

Old 02-09-2014, 11:24 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedog
I'm on the way home now from the VTwin Expo. I had my Local dealership (Chester's) install the Daymaker this weekend while I was out if town. I'll post pics and what I think of it next week. It had better have been the New model that was installed...
For your sake, I hope you got the new one. I have the old style and for straight line riding, it's acceptable. For anything other it is downright terrible. NO peripheral lighting at all. It was flat out scary riding winding roads with this thing. I took it off almost immediately.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was fortunate to be able to exchange my "old" version Daymaker for the "new" version at my local HD dealer. Like the guy above me said, the light output on the old is great straight out in front of the bike, but the 5 or so feet directly in front of the bike was pitch black and peripheral light was nonexistent... If I would have adjusted it down anymore, then sweeping turns would have been sketchy as all hell...

Make sure you get the new model. Check out Surdyke or Kastle (I think it's called). There's one other one that's cheap too. L-S something or other...

Old 02-10-2014, 12:47 AM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I checked out the links you sent, but seems like it's impossible to make international orders on original Harley parts. Couldn't even order to my mailbox in NJ.

Guess I'll just have to save up some money and buy it here in Norway for 3x price. But at least now I know what to buy....

Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
For your sake, I hope you got the new one. I have the old style and for straight line riding, it's acceptable. For anything other it is downright terrible. NO peripheral lighting at all. It was flat out scary riding winding roads with this thing. I took it off almost immediately.
I put aux lights on for that reason.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Cascade
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a shame the new one looks like a teddy bear....

Quick Reply: Daymaker new vs old version.