Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kuryakyn wild things cams

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default kuryakyn wild things cams

Kuryakyn wild things tc-2 bolt in cams or SE 260 cams

Anybody have an opinion or experience?

Last edited by Lucky Doug; 02-12-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First time I've heard of em... You can view the cam profile here, and compare it to other cams you may be interested in...

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1601/cams-for-twin-cam

Old 02-12-2014, 03:46 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

SE260 cams:
found this
For those that may have used this cam they will probably want to ask which motor it is going to go in and do you have at least .609 lift clearance on your valves as well as overlap clearance? Have heard its a high reving cam, but havent tried it. It is the cam of choice that comes in the stage 2 110 kit for the 110.
The wild things cams 2D has a lift of .510, really quiet the opposite of The SE260 cam.
From my experience I have found you can go as far as the SE255-.550 lift without any thing being done for the lift.
I am sure there are others that fit into this equation.
I am by no means a professional but have built quiet a few engines using different cams.
I like SS cams, especially the easy start cams.
Information on how you will ride the bike and what you are expecting will help us to help you.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I like how they are called Wild Things®

Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly I don't know much about wrenching. I had an indie that spoiled me before I moved here and all I had to do was tell him what I was looking for and it would magically show up on my bike.

I have an 07 bob, stage 1 and while it has plenty of juice I still want a little more, just because. I ran across a guy selling these two cams at what sounded like a pretty good deal and generally I learn a lot more asking questions here than trying to learn the craft every time I want to do something.

One thing that bugs me is the sound of my bike. I had a carbed Sporty with straight pipes and now I have the V&H big shots and if you guys will pardon the comparison I think it sounds like a Volvo. Installing the TT inserts this week. I really wouldn't mind if the sound of the engine was a little more like the older Harleys if that makes any sense and thought the cam might help in that respect too.

Afterthought: Generally I ride the back roads and can be kind of aggressive in my riding style when it relatively safe. I will be asking for info on suspensions next. And yes, I do seach the forum before posting stupid worn out questions most of the time.

Last edited by Lucky Doug; 02-12-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 PM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Are they covered in Chrome and do they look really blingy? Mate, they make a chit product for the outside of your bike! why the heck would you even think about using their stuff inside yah engine.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Pistonman1
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I just ordered Andrews 48h for torque.
Sounds like you would be happy with SE204, good midrange with a lopey idle.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:56 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GraemeR
Are they covered in Chrome and do they look really blingy? Mate, they make a chit product for the outside of your bike! why the heck would you even think about using their stuff inside yah engine.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:33 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Those 2 cams are not even in the same ballpark, and neither would work well at all in a stock 96". The tc2 has a 50 degree intake closing and would like around 11:1 compression to work properly, yet has very low lift. The 260is by no means a bolt in and has .609 lift and an intake close of 55 degrees. Needs clearance in the heads, big valves, port work, good valve springs, big displacement, big intake and exhaust, over 11:1 compression.

Originally Posted by Pistonman1
I just ordered Andrews 48h for torque.
Sounds like you would be happy with SE204, good midrange with a lopey idle.
Agree with the 204. Good midrange torque, decent sounding idle. I just put a set in a 96" stage 1 and made 86/104, ran really strong, as always good exhaust is key. 211s have an ecen better sounding idle but they like some compression, as a bolt in they'd be a little soft on the bottom but come on hard mid to top.

There's plenty of aftermarket cams that would work well too, or better. Your stock heads can handle about .575 lift. If you're buying new, Andrews is probably the cheapest. The tw57 is kinda similar to the se204 but higher lift (.560) and the tw55 is similar to the 211 but .550 lift. T man, woods, everyone makes a good bolt in. There's not going to be drastic differences, the heads and compression are the limiting factors. Just have to pick where you want the power.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:42 PM

I have to agree with the 204's as well. For stage one 96 with stock compression I really think thats the best bang for the buck.
I agree with alot of cams but like said then you have to start dialing in compression to make them work correctly.

Quick Reply: kuryakyn wild things cams