Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD & G Battery Bag & Trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:22 PM
BBSHK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD & G Battery Bag & Trim

I just got the BAD&G battery bag, and it looks great, fit is perfect. Was a bear to get the chrome trim off the 2010 WG, that adhesive is strong.

Anyway, here's my question. Aside from cutting the chrome trim and using adhesive to stick it on and cover the now exposed front of the battery cover, has anyone had any other options? Here's a picture, you can see the strap that holds the battery in through the hole in the front of the battery cover, leaves an unfinished look.

I was hoping to not destroy the chrome trim in case I ever take the bag off.

Attached Thumbnails BAD & G Battery Bag & Trim-img_2851.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

If I were you, leave it the way it is. Not even noticeable imao unless you look really close. You can trim the stock chrome, sure!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:57 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Felt the same way when I hung my bag on last year - looked somewhat 'unfinished.' Found a thin piece of black textured plastic/acrylic, cut it to shape and size, then mounted it to the batt cover with 2-sided sticky tape. The stock battery trim piece can still be used whenever I feel like taking the bag off. May not be perfect, but it works for me.
~

Attached Thumbnails BAD & G Battery Bag & Trim-batt-bag.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a battery bag, too, and was also unhappy with the look. Keep an eye out at local swap meets.

I found a guy selling the battery cover and trim. He was asking $15 for both - I offered him $5 for just the trim and he said, "Just take the whole thing." So for $5, I now have a battery cover w/o the bag and one with the bag. And its a LOT easier to just replace the battery cover than it is to get that damn bag on and off. (BTW - it doesn't work to drill holes through the trim and hang the bag on the outside of it.)

My issue with the bag is my leg crushes the top at stop lights. After a year, it looks pretty beat up. The leather in the back also sags after a while, so the bag droops away from the battery cover. I bought a piece of plexiglass to try to stiffen it up, but haven't figured that part out yet.

The other thing I did was buy a thick leather belt at a thrift store. Cut pieces to fit and glued them to the insides of the bag on the front, bottom and back.. This did 2 things - 1. it stiffened the sides to help keep the bag's shape. 2. more important - I made the belt a little longer than the bag was tall in the front and back and put a chrome bolt through the belt and the little tab that tucks under the "lid". Every time my leg crushed the top, the little tab popped out and was a pain in the a$$ to put back. Extending the tabs with the belt fixed that problem. (When I close the bag, instead of folding in those little 1" tabs, the "tabs" are about 2" longer and can't pop out.)

BAD&G makes great looking bags, but he could make a couple small design changes that would make them a ton better.

Last edited by voudoujoe; 02-16-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:23 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

I like my dual under the seat bags as they are able to move back enough out of the way as to not really hit my leg at red lights. They're holding their shape really good, going on 1 year old. I just bought a set of his saddle bags and installed them last weekend. Great stuff. Maybe should Greg and email about your experiences and he could make some of those small design changes. I am sure he would be glad to hear them.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

You could buy a plastic battery trim on eBay for around 15.00 and cut it down and paint it (they come with a silver brushed aluminum look) Use 3M auto trim tape to mount it?

Old 02-17-2014, 01:54 AM
jusa
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I covered the hole with black duct tape. Two layers, and cut to cover the whole area, not just the hole. Easy and quick to do, cheap, looks surprisingly ok and works well. Just my 2 Euro cents.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:56 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are supposed to take the trim off?
Cover trim with a couple coats of electrical tape.

Attached Thumbnails BAD & G Battery Bag & Trim-image.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 05:07 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

heat gun on the back side of the box, falls off in 2 min

Old 02-18-2014, 07:41 AM
BBSHK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hddan502
We are supposed to take the trim off?
Cover trim with a couple coats of electrical tape.
Are you saying you mounted the bag without removing the trim? How?

Quick Reply: BAD & G Battery Bag & Trim