Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well my winter mods have begun!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Subscribed! Can't wait to see the final results.

Can't believe your little dude is already walking around. Your second will be walking too soon as you know it trying to hop on popps bike.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool mods, can't wait to see them finished. Especially how you get the bags mounted closer to the bike.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:06 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blacknsilver
Cool mods, can't wait to see them finished. Especially how you get the bags mounted closer to the bike.
+1 Would love to see how you do that.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:50 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as always joe nice work. tell me more about that middle finger derby cover that would look sick on my scoot is it usable on a wet primary or need a dry primary for it?

i am still doign my hard bags at teh moment modified soem OEM tourign brackets to fit the dyna struts not super snug to the bike but not huge amounts out fro mit either

Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 AM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Joe, I have hated Rifle fairings for years. The original FXRP had a similar fairing and i hated those. Now having said that I really like what you have done with your bike so far and I can hardly wait to see how it turns out.

By the way enjoy those babies while you can. My baby turned 15 last week. I can't pick him up anymore cause he's 6"2" and 200 lbs!

Last edited by RevBlk; 02-18-2014 at 02:29 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-19-2014, 04:06 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

well after about 4 hours of moving 1/2" step back, move again, step back... finally know where i want to moutn them. welding of the bracket and cutting and glass next up!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:43 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks like it will be tight.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:14 AM
JRK5892
Banned

ok well got a bit more done... as i mentioned this is going to be slow going as i am working on this when i have some free time from the shop and the 2 little ones i have at home... finally was able to score a brembo caliper, sucks ***** it is chrome, will make it a night mare to shave and suck a bit more for powder, but i got it decent priced for under $150.. with new braided lines this should be a nice little upgrade to the front brakes without having to do a ton of mods and spend a bunch of money... new braided lines all around, all new seals, all new fluid, black braided coverings for the lines, and new pads all under $275... thats a win!

last night i was able to cut out the turn signal buckets in the fairing... ran into a bit of a hick up. the fairing is not fiberglass, it is ABS plastic! so that will change the game plan for filling in the holes a bit, exp cause i have done a ton of glass work and ZERO abs work hahaha so looks like it is time to learn!

also going to make a bit of a trim for the swing arm to tie in a bit more blue

Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 AM
JRK5892
Banned

well did not get much done this weekend but every little step forward is a bit more ground covered

new goodyear braided lines came in, could not have them braided, so like every other cable, line, and wire i wrapped this with expandable tubing to keep it clean

cut some quick brackets to add some lower support

and then took some time to plan out how i am going to pull off these fills on the ABS

tomorrow i am going to get the white paint all stripped off this sucker, and start laying some glass!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:52 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm still skeptical about the fairing, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you.

The brakes and more-blue is going to be very cool.

Quick Reply: well my winter mods have begun!