Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn Relocation - Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:24 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Horn Relocation - Wiring

So I've got a DK Custom sportster horn that I want to relocate under the battery box.

Problem is I snipped the horn wires when I removed the stock horn years ago. I was hoping I could run back along the wires and find the connectors to hook up the harness that DK included, but it looks like that was on the business end that I snipped off. O.o

What's the simple answer here? I'd rather not solder...I hate electrical mods to begin with but I won't make inspection here in TX without it.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could always buy a new Multilock connector off of eBay or the likes. Maybe DK can shed some light on the connector needed if you don't know...

Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, problem is I snipped it, and there doesn't appear to be another connector in the line after that (from what I could tell looking at the wiring diagram in the service manual)...the two horn wires go back to the same wiring harness connection as a bunch of other electronics and that's it.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:17 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should be a connector on the new horn no? That's what I was talking about. If nothing else, the horn should at least spade terminals. Extend the wires and crimp on the connectors. Pics would help us help you..

Old 02-20-2014, 04:32 AM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone
Should be a connector on the new horn no? That's what I was talking about. If nothing else, the horn should at least spade terminals. Extend the wires and crimp on the connectors. Pics would help us help you..
pretty easy fix really,, out off a 10 scale .. with 10 being a mechanics job, its a 1 on the scale... if you cant figure how then best take it some one, other wise you will do more damage.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=loopie;12345705]pretty easy fix really,, out off a 10 scale .. with 10 being a mechanics job, its a 1 on the scale... if you cant figure how then best take it some one, other wise you will do more damage.[/QUOTE I agree.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:26 AM
groundpounder51
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from Northeast PA.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:00 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone
Yes, the horn has spade terminals. I was hoping that when I ran the wires all the way back I might find a similar connector that I just didn't see when I snipped them years ago, but nope.

Here's a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails Horn Relocation - Wiring-image.jpg   Horn Relocation - Wiring-image-1-.jpg   Horn Relocation - Wiring-image-2-.jpg  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 AM
B_nichols
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are worried about soldering because its more permanent, use male/ female flat connectors. Or go to any auto parts store and get some universal connectors and put it in.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:49 AM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rockon
Yes, the horn has spade terminals. I was hoping that when I ran the wires all the way back I might find a similar connector that I just didn't see when I snipped them years ago, but nope.

Here's a few pics.
1 minute work too instal 2 new male spade terminals ,,,, whats the issue,,, and really we are talking about some one who removed the only warning device on their bike, why didn't you just use tape and hide the wires and not cut the ends off, once again its above your ****in skill level

Last edited by loopie; 02-21-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Horn Relocation - Wiring