Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different Handle Bars for Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Lrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Handle Bars for Low Rider

I amthe proud owner of a new 07 Low Rider. After about the first hour of riding I decided that the handle bars need changing. I have to reach foward to much. Does anyone have any pics of different bars on theirs. I would like to put some bars from a Bob or Wide Glide but the risers would make them a little to high. I had a sportster and electra glide standard before and changed the bars on both. I like my bikes to fit my riding style which is layed back not leaned forward. I sure ya'll can relate.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master
Default RE: Different Handle Bars for Low Rider

some pullbacks

Old 03-05-2007, 01:36 AM
beard63
Intermediate

Wide Glide bars on mine made all the difference in the world.....

Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Lrider
Intermediate

Both replys so far look good, but the only problem is on my Low Rider the riser has all the bikes trouble lights mounted on it and it has a inward curve to it. The dearer said that they don't make anything to change out the riser and mount the lights any place else. And I don't want to have to move them anyway. I thought maybe someone has put some bars from another bike on their bike and it brought the bars back a couple inch's and up a little higher without having to change out the stock riser set-up. Thanks for the replys.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

L, I just bumped the old post about the indicator lights. Check it out! Timmer

Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

56154-04 Softail Standard bars or 56330-00 Deuce pullback bars would give you abetter reach. Both have a little over 9" of pullback. The Harley dimensions on the Deuce bars are wrong, I had a set and they have way more than the 4.25" listed.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:04 PM
ReeseSS
Tourer

Some 1" buckhorns

[IMG]local://upfiles/12784/1D2C660BE2E64EADBAB99C3B6DA6C254.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go back to the dealer and sit on a street bob and a wide glide and see if you like the mini apes. The wide glide is thicker, ck with parts and see if they will work in yer risers. Makes riding different. A friend of mine checked mine out and had a set put on his bike.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:42 PM
2dales
Novice

These are Arlen Ness Drag Bars. There is a post in here about moving the stock indicator light to the console on the gas tank. Hope this helps!

Old 04-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's a link to a previous post and what I am in the process of setting up on my wife's Low Rider. I'll post some pictures in a few weeks when my project is finished.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1400769/tm.htm

The perfect set-up (in my opinion) for bringing the handlebars back to a comfortable cruizing position.After spending many hours online looking for possible solutions and reviewing handlebar specifications and talking with John and Wild 1 here's what I came up with: I am ordering the WO525 1.5" riser and WO504 chubby Dresser handlebars.

Here's 1 picture on a Deuce that will look fairly close to what I am doing:

Here's a link to some more pictures of the same bike from multiple angles: http://www.wild1inc.com/504dh.html

The only difference is I will be using the HD stock top clamp so I can keep the "dummy lights" for the turn signals, neutral and high beam indicator lights. I verified that the Wild 1 risers match up to the stock HD top clamp. I am removing the chrome cover that hides the cables for theindicator lights - the cables won't be very noticable anyhow with the lower riser position, I'll just tuck the cables. Hopefully this info. helps some of you who might be looking to bring your Low Rider handlebars back further than the stock bars.

Quick Reply: Different Handle Bars for Low Rider