Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear taillight and turn signal install ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:49 AM
InfamousHD
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear taillight and turn signal install ??

Ok, I just purchased some new turn signals and a new tail light to install on my 2001 Dyna Wide Glide and got some questions. I did search the site first and got some good info but no answer for exactly what I'm wanting to do.
I don't want to hack up my original factory wiring and would prefer not to splice wires.

The front turn signals and headlight were a breeze.

For the rear turn signals I'm going from a 2 wire stock turn signal to a 3 wire, I know the extra wire is for running lights, but I've already got the Badlands load equalizer run/brake/turn plug n play module. When installing can I just leave one wire on the turn signals unplugged?
Also I would like to ditch the plug board (circuit board behind the stock tail light that plugs taillight and turn signals before going out to the 8 pin main harness).

Is it possible to wire to a 6 pin connector or would it be better to by-pass and remove it all together and go straight to the 8 pin connector and connect at the main harness under the seat?
The only thing is the circuit board combines all the grounds down to one ground going to the main harness?
Any options? I want everything to be plug n play so that I can go back to stock if I ever need to for any reason.