Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Harley. 14 Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the rsd Enzo seats. The tobacco brown/black seat would look sweet with the sand denim

Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 PM
steve5109
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking bike. Congrats.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:22 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Welcome to the Dyna family - enjoy the ride

Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 PM
rmeg08
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so jealous.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by case013
Thanks guys. Really love. I test rode one at the demo days, but today it really blew me away with the handling. If I didn't know any better I'd call you a liar if you told me it was almost 700lbs.

@boostingbar
I have my RSD Clarity air cleaner and powervision waiting for instal. I decided to go with the V&H Rsd slants for pipes. I literally flipped a coin over them or the D&D Bobcat. Have a side mount license plate bracket on the way. For powder coating I'm going to get the foot controls, headlight, derby cover, horn cover, strut covers, belt guard and few other bits done. Gonna pick up the integrated turn signal/mirrors this week and maybe flush gas tank caps. Gonna change the footpegs to some from joker machine. Then new levers and grips. RSD also has some seats I really like the look of. Gonna wait and see how I ride it before doing the suspension. Love the look of the burly kits, but I'd hate to scrape anything.

Nice bike. Your Christmas list has a lot of good choices. I especially like the Slant exhaust, but the D&D would look good too.

If you like the handling, skip the Burly shopping. Not that their product is bad, but you'll want to go longer on the shocks, not shorter.

Check these threads to get some ideas for improving handling. You've already got the better handling Dyna, some suspension upgrades will blow your mind.

The first link takes a few pages, but then gets real interesting.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...dyna-pics.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...e-springs.html

Good luck, have fun, and keep the pictures coming.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 PM
case013
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SLV
Nice bike. Your Christmas list has a lot of good choices. I especially like the Slant exhaust, but the D&D would look good too.

If you like the handling, skip the Burly shopping. Not that their product is bad, but you'll want to go longer on the shocks, not shorter.

Check these threads to get some ideas for improving handling. You've already got the better handling Dyna, some suspension upgrades will blow your mind.

The first link takes a few pages, but then gets real interesting.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...dyna-pics.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...e-springs.html

Good luck, have fun, and keep the pictures coming.
Like I said I literally flipped a coin over the Slant or the Bobcat. Read the reviews, sampled clips, and did lots of reading. Coin came up for the slants in the end.

I've been following the club style thread for a while. Lots of good ideas on there. The suspension feels pretty good and I'm sure it'll be fine for now. Got plenty to keep me busy while I break her in and see what I need there.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Bike looks good! I also like the Sand Denim. I went from sportbikes to my Fat Bob and I have NO regrets whatsoever. Can't wait to see it with all the mods you have in store for it.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:12 AM
boosting1bar
Tourer

Originally Posted by case013
I have my RSD Clarity air cleaner and powervision waiting for instal. I decided to go with the V&H Rsd slants for pipes. I literally flipped a coin over them or the D&D Bobcat. Have a side mount license plate bracket on the way. For powder coating I'm going to get the foot controls, headlight, derby cover, horn cover, strut covers, belt guard and few other bits done. Gonna pick up the integrated turn signal/mirrors this week and maybe flush gas tank caps. Gonna change the footpegs to some from joker machine. Then new levers and grips. RSD also has some seats I really like the look of. Gonna wait and see how I ride it before doing the suspension. Love the look of the burly kits, but I'd hate to scrape anything.
Nice list there! I have a lot of those same bits powder coated and I have those mirrors and the flush gas cap kit also. If you're considering changing the bars I'd do that the same time as the mirrors so you're only doing the wiring once, ask me how I know lol! Good call skipping the burly kit, it looks awesome but no more going around right hand turns haha. I ended up with progressives in the rear and the HD lowering spring + intiminators + heavier oil + rsd preload adjusters in the front. Handles really fantastic. I got an rsd solo seat and while it looks awesome it's nowhere near as comfy as that stock seat. If you get an rsd solo seat don't forget to get the adapter plate and be aware the sticky pads under the rear of the stock seat will leave two small discolored squares when removed. Check out my thread where I replaced my stock lights with LEDs for another awesome upgrade to consider also.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is one good looking motorcycle, enjoy.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:59 AM
case013
Cruiser

Originally Posted by boosting1bar
If you're considering changing the bars I'd do that the same time as the mirrors so you're only doing the wiring once, ask me how I know lol! Good call skipping the burly kit, it looks awesome but no more going around right hand turns haha. I ended up with progressives in the rear and the HD lowering spring + intiminators + heavier oil + rsd preload adjusters in the front. Handles really fantastic.
Took a look at the installation instructions for the lights this morning. They look like....fun. Think I'll wait like you said for when I do the bars too. I like the drag bars so far. I may take a look at something similar. Boss called yesterday and told me I have training in New Orleans next week. Don't think I've ever been so excited to make that drive. It's close to 200 miles one way. I'll definitely be able to tell how I like the drag bars after that.

Sucks about the burly kit. It looks really clean. Started reading up on the progressives the other day. Needless to saw there are a lot of good things said about them, so I have my homework cut out for me.

Quick Reply: First Harley. 14 Fatbob