Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Harley. 14 Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Look real good! That color with the blacked out accessories is rad.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice choice. If I were to do it over again I may have gotten a fat bob. Love the way it road. Toss of a coin. Went with the wide glide instead, like the rake and chopped fender. Maybe next bike will be a fatbob

Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 AM
case013
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I assume Chris did it for you. He did a good job looks like. How much more are you going to coat?
Yes he did. Did a really good job. Forgot the damn belt guard in my truck so had to drop it off to him when I picked up the rest. So waiting on it now. After that, it should be all for powder coating. Next up is either the suspension with some 970s or put some new bars on.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM
case013
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put on the new levers from RSD. These things are freaking sweet.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I am loving what you have done with this bike.

I pick mine up on Friday - it's the same bike but in black denim and I am going to go even blacker with it. I have pretty much decided on the same RSD pipes - but over here in the UK they run about $1400 - so I may need to wait for my next trip to the US and hand carry one back. I'll probably also go with the RSD slant air cleaner to match.

Basically looking at a black and carbon scheme where possible. Almost definitely a Dougz FB quarter fairing in the pipeline as well....

Once I get mine I probably won't get all the black powered coating done until the winter as I want to ride it through as much of the summer as I can.

Anyway - keep the mods coming. It's a great learning experience for me!

Old 05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
dustin103
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike! Love getting ideas from posts like this.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:59 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Nice work

The tan/sand colour is the pick of the bunch I reckon.

Blacking out all the chrome is a wise move, works well.

Keep up the good work

Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Like the levers from RSD; might have to had them to my ride also.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Rubline
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hello guys, FNG here. I've been riding (Metric Bikes), is that the PC term? all my life. Last week went out and bought a 2024 Fat Bob in Vivid Black. All I can say is "What a difference". I have a question for case103 though. I really like the looks of those pipes you installed. Can you tell me who makes those and what model? One other question, if I replace my stock pipes is it a must to have the fuel system reprogrammed? and finally, does the programming module stay connected? Oh, one more question. It appears that your new exhaust don't have the O2 sensors installed.

Forgive my ignorance, but again, been riding metrics all my life (60 years old now)

Thanks

Old 11-14-2014, 11:04 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubline
Hello guys, FNG here. I've been riding (Metric Bikes), is that the PC term? all my life. Last week went out and bought a 2024 Fat Bob in Vivid Black. All I can say is "What a difference". I have a question for case103 though. I really like the looks of those pipes you installed. Can you tell me who makes those and what model? One other question, if I replace my stock pipes is it a must to have the fuel system reprogrammed? and finally, does the programming module stay connected? Oh, one more question. It appears that your new exhaust don't have the O2 sensors installed.

Forgive my ignorance, but again, been riding metrics all my life (60 years old now)

Thanks
Welcome! I'm not case013, but here's the pipe. It's a RSD (Roland Sands Designs) Slant made by Vance & Hines.

Depending on the fuel management system will determine if you have the O2 sensors in or not and also whether you leave the FM system on the bike or not. I have the V&H FuelPak 2 and it's still on my bike. You will want to do pipes, air cleaner and fuel management (or have the bike dynoed and programmed for the new bits).

Quick Reply: First Harley. 14 Fatbob