Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF owners with True Track

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Clifford05
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXDF owners with True Track

I searched and read most of the threads I could find on the Fat Bob True Track installation. From what I've read I'm pretty convinced it's worth installing. That being said a few threads mentioned clearance issues when installing the rear bracket. My FXDF is an 08 if it matters. Any tips or tricks from you guys who have already done the install would be appreciated. Also, feel free to chime in with long term ride reports on how you like it after putting some miles on their system.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2014, 09:39 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

When I installed the rear stabilizer, I had to install it piece by piece, not as a unit. The instructions are poorly written and lack guidance. You will need some help when you thread/torque the 2 bolts through the rear engine mount. Just take your time and take a break if you get frustrated.

I bought the TT because I was experiencing rear wheel wobble during hard turns, felt like a flat tire, very unnerving. Some people will say that my problem could be solved by doing this or that but when you start thinking about how the rear tire is basically attached to the transmission and not the frame, the rear wheel wobble makes sense. Anyway, after TT, no more rear wheel wobbles and steering feels more solid.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Might not be the case here but when I started to get a squirrely rear end on my Fat Bob it was because the swinging arm bushes had got play in them and so there was lateral movement at the rear wheel.

That was at 10K miles. Had to replace the bushes (big job) but it was good again after.