Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racetech shocks and Sputhe stabilizer put to test..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:13 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Racetech shocks and Sputhe stabilizer put to test..

Sunday I was able to put my Sputhe chassis stabilizer and new 13.5" Racetech G3-S shocks to test.

we head out from my house in Elsinore to hwy 74 up to Idylwild for lunch and kept going down hwy 243 into banning and back down through Ramona expressway to a buddys house for beer in Perris.

I cannot believe at how well the sputhe stabilizer tightens up the chassis. there are very tight sweeping road with passing lanes and I was easily doubling the speed limits without that wallowing the rear end used to do.
I just wanted to keep pushing her harder and harder I ended up at least 3/4 of a mile ahead of my buddy on his dyna almost all the way thru the canyons, he's running Works front and rear suspension and he couldn't catch me...

I had her up to 123 mph yesterday (the fastest ive been on my bike yet) and she was solid I couldn't believe it... straight as an arrow, no wobbles no issues whatsoever.

the racetech suspension is unbelievable as well, these with my racetech fork kit and the speed merchant adjusters the ride is ****
The ride is night and day vs the fxdxt shocks and the works black trackers..

Last edited by 07bobber; 03-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Sweet. I'm glad to hear it. I have my suspension set up well, but the Sputhe is still on my list. I think it just moved up a few slots.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

I am so jealous! Good to hear you liked it all so well and that it performed well, good for you!
I'm jealous of the ride and nice pics. You know it's going to be great scenery and a great ride if there are long needled pine trees around, it's just the rule

Old 03-10-2014, 01:38 PM
gadianton3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

123 that is impressive! Do you have motor work done? I only have a stage 1, pro-pipe, fuelmoto ac and a powervision. I have only been able to get up to 110 mph. That was a pretty hairy ride. My bike seems solid up to 95, any more and it's a handful. I do have sputhe's, progressive 444's and amsoil heavy in the forks. I'm considering doing the Ricor intiminators? Any thoughts? Also I have some t-bars coming. Hope that helps?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gadianton3
123 that is impressive! Do you have motor work done? I only have a stage 1, pro-pipe, fuelmoto ac and a powervision. I have only been able to get up to 110 mph. That was a pretty hairy ride. My bike seems solid up to 95, any more and it's a handful. I do have sputhe's, progressive 444's and amsoil heavy in the forks. I'm considering doing the Ricor intiminators? Any thoughts? Also I have some t-bars coming. Hope that helps?
yes, I had my heads worked by wink eller, I installed a 106 big bore, ive had woods tw6-6 cams and ness big sucker and D&D fatcat 2 into 1....I haven't been able to get it to dyno tune yet, if she pulls as good as it does now just wait til shes tuned correctly..

Old 03-10-2014, 02:30 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Some serious riding there
Nice!

Old 03-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Thunderhorse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a blast of a ride!

Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bike looks great and I'm sure it handles awesome...I'm surprised there is such a low percentage of dyna riders that will spend some serious cash on their suspension. If they only knew how good it could be...

Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
Bike looks great and I'm sure it handles awesome...I'm surprised there is such a low percentage of dyna riders that will spend some serious cash on their suspension. If they only knew how good it could be...
Couldn't agree more. Best mods to date were the Ohlins and the front springs/Intiminators.

I can't wait to get a Sputhe installed.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done suspension before the cams.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:45 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can add cams? Oh crap..more money

Quick Reply: Racetech shocks and Sputhe stabilizer put to test..