Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Solo Wide Tripper vs. Corbin Dual Tour seat

Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM
1999 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mustang Solo Wide Tripper vs. Corbin Dual Tour seat

I finally got around to installing the Corbin Dual Tour seat on my Wide Glide. What a difference!

I had been running the Mustang solo Wide tripper with a wide passenger pillion pad for over a year. The Mustang never really fit my rear end but was an improvement over stock for my wife.

We spent about half a day testing the new seat. It was a little over 100 miles of combination riding. We both agree that the Corbin is a much more comfortable riding seat than the Mustang. The passenger part of the Corbin is actually about a 1/4" more narrow than the Mustang pillion is but she finally admitted that the Corbin was way more comfortable. LOL!

It really hit us later that evening when we suddenly realized that our rear ends were not numb or still vibrating as they often did after a day of riding with the Mustang set up.

As far as customer service goes I had heard mixed reviews and had actually been told that the Corbin people were very rude.

This was not my experience at all. The sales rep Andrea was very helpful and courteous. My order was made. I chose the black leather with the stitched flame pattern because it matches my bike.

The order was placed on 1/31 and the seat was received on 2/21 about an hour before we left for a two week vacation. This is why it took so long to get it installed and tested.

I would recommend a Corbin Dual Tour seat to anyone that is looking for a nice looking seat that is also comfortable.

I have attached a picture of the seat installed on my bike.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Solo Wide Tripper vs. Corbin Dual Tour seat-corbin-dual-tour-seat-01.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 08:58 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

+1 on the comfort of the Corbin seats

I have both the Corbin Solo & the Dual Tour seat - love them both but it's a pain in the a$$ switching between the two as the Solo has the locking system to it and the Dual Tour doesn't- so it requires removing the Solo's mounting bolts & bracket then installing different (shorter) bolts each time.
I have sent Corbin a few emails and tried calling them to see if they could modify the Solo or remove the locking system - but never heard back from them.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:25 PM
1999 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep that would be a pain. I am glad I don't have to change seats.