Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailers

Old 03-23-2007, 08:19 AM
89bruin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailers

I don't like the idea of trailering my bike but I've got an extended business trip comming up and I'd like to take my bike so I don't miss out on all the summer riding. Anyone have suggestions for a trailer that won't cost me an arm & leg? I've seen the "trailer in a bag" online and it looks like an interesting idea but it does look pretty minimal. I'd like to have something that's not going to take up too much space in my garage since I don't anticipate using it regularly. I also looked into rentals but can't find anyone who does one-way rentals on motorcycle trailers.

Thanks,

Bruin

Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Gary_L
Advanced
Default RE: Trailers

You can rent a Uhaul trailer. You may have to put some eye bolts in the floor, but you can remove them before turning the trailer in.

Kendon makes a trailer that folds up and can be stood on one end.

http://www.kendonusa.com/single_trailer.htm

Old 03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure uhaul will appreciate holes in the floor. distruction of property.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

I'm sure uhaul will appreciate holes in the floor. distruction of property.
The holes won't hurt the structural integrity of the trailer one bit, and U-Haul will never even know they are there.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Ol Biker
Road Master

You can rent a U-Haul or other "moving" trailer with adequate tie-down points. Just be sure to inspect the trailer prior to renting to ensure your scoot will fit and the tie-down points will hold. ANother option, of you are a clud menber H.O.G. or other, is to see if another member has a trailer you can borrow or rent. There is usually someone who is willing. For a good, minimal trailer, look at Kendons: http://www.kendonusa.com/single_trailer.htm
I have been able to trailer my scoot on business trips and having it gave me riding opportunities I otherwise would have missed.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 AM
recross
Tourer

old way with a u-haul trailer...2 heavy duty pallets...take out the middle slates on both pallets...wheels go into these spots...than tie down to the frame of the pallets...have used this way quite a few times..traveled across country dilvering a bike this way..when your done you got some good fire wood and almost no cost at all.............BC

Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sittin at work here and just looked out the window...going by was a SUV pulling a small U-haul utility trailer (you know the flatbed kind with the short side walls) with the Street Glide in it! Damn RUB..

It looked like the guy got the smallest trailer that would still fit his bike...maybe 8' long, or so.

It took the corner at about 85mph and the bike didn't even fall out!...

MV

Old 03-23-2007, 01:56 PM
WideGuy
Advanced

I have rented a U-haul 9 ft utility trailer. It has a ramp and is not enclosed. Already has D-rings installed for tie downs. Rates were very reasonable for one way rentals. For a return to same dealer rental, you get the trailer for 2 days....so if you rent it Friday evening and return it Sunday evening after they close I only get charged $35.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
rickshog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I you wanna ba a ***** thats up to you... We Haul Our Ride Everywhere!!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Ol Biker
Road Master

I take exception - - sometimes you gotta get there via cage. When you do, I think it's a whole lot better to have the scoot than to pine about missin the good rides ya cudda been on! Yeh, I'd rather ride, but .......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailers