Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Peg Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:58 PM
dirtfarmer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Peg Removal

I just order my Mustang solo seat and was wondering about taking off the passenger pegs. I'm wondering about the bracket that holds the left peg on? Should I just leave the bracket on or is it pretty easy to get off? And, is it holding anything else? Any info and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:08 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Im not sure about yours but on mine the peg mount is also a mount for the belt guard. When I mounted my peg mount the instructions said I that I need to loosen the adjuster on the rear tire in order to install it. The clearance is tight but I used a low profile tool and didnt need to loosen anything

Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 PM
B_nichols
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
Im not sure about yours but on mine the peg mount is also a mount for the belt guard. When I mounted my peg mount the instructions said I that I need to loosen the adjuster on the rear tire in order to install it. The clearance is tight but I used a low profile tool and didnt need to loosen anything

This is what I did to install mine, wrench and a torx bit. Then I throw the torx bolts in the trash and replaced with hex bolts.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:38 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure how the brackets on an '02 Wide Glide mount but on my '05 Lowrider, the left side bracket actually mounts under the bike and the snakes out and up to avoid the belt. If, like me, you don't have a lift, you'll have to get down on your hands and knees to reach it. The good news is that once you're down there, it's a simple allen bolt to remove. The right bracket on my '05 is pretty straight forward, just have to be careful to not rub/chip the edge of the rear fender.

p.s., that left bracket probably weighs 15 pounds. It's heavy!! So, if you aren't going to use it, by all means remove it. On a 650-ish pound bike, a free 15 pound weight reduction isn't too shaby.

Last edited by jmb79; 03-17-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:37 AM
dirtfarmer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advise. Its kinda looking like I'm going to have to wait to take the pegs off. No lift yet and with 1 inch shorter shock, the fender is blocking the bolt on the right side along with a nice clean chip in the paint. I don't like the paint chip but it was my fault, I should have checked it closer when I changed shocks but this is another good reason for me to get a jack. Again, thanks for the info

Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 AM
DIRERIDE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i left the right side passenger peg on. And as said before, some models (including mine) are just a simple allen under the bike. Very easy