Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak and quiet baffles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:14 PM
soppeln11
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuelpak and quiet baffles.

Been doing some searching and can't really find a answer so maybe can offer some input. I have a 2008 street bob and the bike came with a SE heavy breather, vance & hines sideshots, and a fuelpak already installed. I only got to ride it a couple times before putting it away for the winter back in November. So yesterday I pulled it out and installed quiet baffles and then adjusted the fuelpak for the quiet baffles according to vance & hines. I took it down the road and back it was running really rough. It kept missing in first gear and idling rough. Rpm kept revving real high then they would get low like it was going to kill. Is this something someone else has experienced, is it something that will workout after a few rides? Any input would help. Also has a stage 1 download which I included in the fuelpak values.

Thanks

Old 03-21-2014, 12:25 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by soppeln11
Been doing some searching and can't really find a answer so maybe can offer some input. I have a 2008 street bob and the bike came with a SE heavy breather, vance & hines sideshots, and a fuelpak already installed. I only got to ride it a couple times before putting it away for the winter back in November. So yesterday I pulled it out and installed quiet baffles and then adjusted the fuelpak for the quiet baffles according to vance & hines. I took it down the road and back it was running really rough. It kept missing in first gear and idling rough. Rpm kept revving real high then they would get low like it was going to kill. Is this something someone else has experienced, is it something that will workout after a few rides? Any input would help. Also has a stage 1 download which I included in the fuelpak values.

Thanks
Did you put in fresh gas before your ride yesterday or a fuel stabilizer when you put it away back in November?
The quiet baffles shouldn't make that much of a difference - can you revert to your old tune and see what it does?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

First thing I would check is the fuel. It might be bad from sitting all winter. Did you put stabilizer in it over the winter? Fire it up a few times over the winter?

I would check that first and then revert back to your old tune and see what happens.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:15 PM
soppeln11
6th Gear

I didn't put fresh fuel in, but I put some sea foam in the tank we I put it away. Didn't think to add more fuel stabilizer to it. I will give fuel stabilizer a try first then go back to the old values if that doesn't help. I wouldn't think the quiet baffles make much a difference either but the values are a lot different then the values for the stock baffles. Thanks for the replies

Old 03-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Toplink
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sea foam is all you need. go back and check the FP values if this don't help email VH to re-check the map.