Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Further forward mid-control kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by petefwa
lf any body has a standard set they want to swap, pm me, l have a Low Rider arriving early May and l'm after a set of standard parts for it... l'll cover the postage.
count me in... mine are wrinkle black. I know yours are chrome/polished...

Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lf any body has a standard set they want to swap, pm me, l have a Low Rider arriving early May and l'm after a set of standard parts for it... l'll cover the postage.
If you don't want black I will trade you.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Made the trip down to HD for a sit down on the LR. Two inches doesn't sound like much but it sure felt like a huge difference. I tried to account for sitting position from the difference of the seats and it was still a big difference. Now, how do I justify that kind of money for a couple of brackets and control levers?

Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior

Hey Petefwa... whatchoo think? Or are you still waiting for the bike to get here?

thanks!

Old 06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
Hey Petefwa... whatchoo think? Or are you still waiting for the bike to get here?

thanks!
Curious what happened here. I just ordered a new Street bob but really felt cramped with the stock mids. The forwards are too far (I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseam). They ordered the further forward kit for me, 2 inches sounded about right. Any of you riding them?

Old 06-10-2014, 03:00 PM
2011 FXDB
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Curious what happened here. I just ordered a new Street bob but really felt cramped with the stock mids. The forwards are too far (I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseam). They ordered the further forward kit for me, 2 inches sounded about right. Any of you riding them?
Not yet, but I did order them yesterday. I too feel like the mids are a bit cramped and do not want full forwards.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior

Nothing has happened for me... never ended up with any further forward mids. Planning to put my stock mids back on--just gotta nut up and do it. If I feel too cramped, then I'll get more aggressive at getting some further forward mids.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
JustsoIcanupvotethis
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just gotta chime in here. FLOORBOARD KIT! I put the floorboard kit on my 2013 Super Glide and couldn't be happier. Those give you all sorts of room to move around on the longer trips. Two inches may be nice but having more in the line of 4 or 5 inches of option on where I put my feet is incredible.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by JustsoIcanupvotethis
I just gotta chime in here. FLOORBOARD KIT! I put the floorboard kit on my 2013 Super Glide and couldn't be happier. Those give you all sorts of room to move around on the longer trips. Two inches may be nice but having more in the line of 4 or 5 inches of option on where I put my feet is incredible.
I looked at floorboards and mini floor boards, not my cup of tea at the moment but I hear you on how much they help. I still have my DK Customs trap pegs that I salvaged from the 48 so I may put those on as well if possible

Old 07-10-2014, 02:09 PM
2011 FXDB
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine installed and have put a few hundred miles on. I like them, not a huge difference but an improvement for me and I will be keeping them. No clearance issues at all with exhaust.

- Dan

Quick Reply: Further forward mid-control kit