Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LA Choppers Clutch Cable to long!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:32 AM
aprilsixth
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA Choppers Clutch Cable to long!?

Just about finished installing 14" Wild One Chubby Outlawz on my 13 Street Bob but now have run into an issue on the last step (shoot me now). I also relocated my signals down to the forks and then internally wired everything. I ordered the LA Choppers cable kit (12-14" apes).

I have the bottom clutch end all connected through the transmission case, oil added, exhaust back on, and top of clutch end connected to the clutch lever/perch. It now seems like the cable housing is to short but the actual cable inside is to long. The clutch can not disengage because there's to much slack in the line. I can not tighten the line with the adjuster because either the housing is to short or the bolt is not long enough. fully tightened the adjuster loosens all the way off the bolt.

I had "heard" that LA Choppers cable lines run a little long so I emailed them to ask what I should do before I ordered their kit and started this whole project. They never responded to my email. I ordered the kit anyways thinking that I have 14" apes and this kit is for 12-14" bars so I should be fine. Anybody else run into this issue!? Is there any way to fix this problem? I'm really trying to avoid taking the exhaust back off, draining the transmission-oil again, removing the transmission case, disconnecting the clutch line, and ordering a whole new line from a different company and waiting another week and doing this all over again. I'm really not seeing a another way but to order a new line thats the correct length. I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed right now.

Instead of having my bike finished and ready to ride, I now have to take all those parts apart, drain the brand new oil I put in, and order ($) a new cable even though this one is brand new. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Thumbnails LA Choppers Clutch Cable to long!?-photo-1.jpg   LA Choppers Clutch Cable to long!?-photo-2.jpg