Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Upgrades - Changing it up (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:25 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Spring Upgrades - Changing it up (pic heavy)

So for this spring / winter (if you can call it winter in CA) I decided to update a few items. Here' what I've changed:

Black triple trees
HD black flush mount fuel gauge & cap
Dakota Digital Speedo
Joker Machine steering stem nut
Black Billet Fork Slider Dust Covers
JRI 13" Reservoir Rear Shocks
1" Lowered & trimmed rear fender (needs painted)
Power Vision Tuner (not pictured in most of the pics) but mounted using a RAM mount system that attaches to the tank lift. Ultimately planning on mounting it on the MS Gauntlet I have (again, not pictured)

Parts on order: Matching rotors & pulley from Southern MC to match the Elite Black Octane wheels I have.

Pics of how she sits...

One last one with my new Ram in the background

Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Looks nice.I like the new speedo
What bag is that on the side of your bike?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great. I really like your bars too. I don't see many Fat Bobs with apes that look good IMO but yours does for sure. I kinda like the black rear fender too. Has almost a rad rod vibe. lol. And good job on lowering the rear fender. I know longer shocks are better for performance but I could never get over the *** high stink bug look.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rsking45
Looks nice.I like the new speedo
What bag is that on the side of your bike?
Looks like a Bad&G Customs bag. I have one just like it. Great quality battery bags.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Man I really need to black out my trees. That looks SO much better. Did you have your stockers PCed or did you buy new ones?

Old 03-24-2014, 02:33 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bikes looking great Eric. How about a review on the JRI shocks. (include the price)

Old 03-24-2014, 07:16 PM
KEG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike looks great Eric. Especially those killer bars haha

Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Eric bike looks sweet - always has though!

Tell us more about that rear fender, is the fender just less tall or does it attach differently to the struts or what?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Looks really good

Old 03-25-2014, 12:15 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
Looks great. I really like your bars too. I don't see many Fat Bobs with apes that look good IMO but yours does for sure. I kinda like the black rear fender too. Has almost a rad rod vibe. lol. And good job on lowering the rear fender. I know longer shocks are better for performance but I could never get over the *** high stink bug look.
I've been kinda diggin' the black rear fender too. I had the front fender off with the black rear and it looked pretty tough!

Originally Posted by spankdog
Man I really need to black out my trees. That looks SO much better. Did you have your stockers PCed or did you buy new ones?
I bought new black ones!

Originally Posted by rooti
Bikes looking great Eric. How about a review on the JRI shocks. (include the price)
Man, these shocks are the real deal. They perform Great! There is a stretch of highway by me that when you run in the passing lane, it has stutter bumps that will rattle you like your on a paint shaker. I was riding that stretch this past weekend and could hardly believe it was the same road. I looked back down at the rear wheel and it was just sticking right to the ground and I could hardly even feel the chatter. It was then that I really realized just how much better these shocks were working. I couldn't be happier with them. Money well spent. I don't like to give out prices on something like this, but let me just say, Howard over at Motorcycle Metal made me a nice deal for being a forum member.

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Hey Eric bike looks sweet - always has though!

Tell us more about that rear fender, is the fender just less tall or does it attach differently to the struts or what?
The fender was trimmed along the lower edges on the sides and front. Then trimmed to clear the belt guard. I had to re-drill mounting holes for the stock strut mounting locations. Probably a little over an inch or so. I could have lowered it more, but then there was such a gap under the seat, I would have had to make a large (seat pan shaped) spacer to it could attach. As it was, the Lepera seat pan (which is metal) allowed me to flatten the rear section down and it bolts right on in the stock hole. I also had to modify the bracket for my eliminator tail light. All in all, it's a subtle change, but noticeable nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Spring Upgrades - Changing it up (pic heavy)