Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG the new Low Rider 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:32 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile OMG the new Low Rider 2014

Just saw the new low rider and like it. Dual brakes, forward mid controls , ABS brakes, adjustable seat and handle bars and riser. Thinking of trading in my street bob. I wish is was available before I bought my SB last year.

Will most of the accessories for the dyna series fit.? Especially sissy bar and luggage rack and highway bars and forward heavy air filter and saddle bags and touring windshield.?

Is the brake pedal adjustable( able to be raised).?

What do ya think?

Roger

Old 03-29-2014, 01:17 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most everything should fit. the luggage rack will depend on which one you have. if you have the solo rack you'll need a solo seat to go with it. if yours attaches to the sissy bar then you'll be fine. you'll need to relocate the rear turns on the new bike to mount bags and quick detach stuff.

yes you can adjust the brake pedal.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Just saw the new low rider and like it. Dual brakes, forward mid controls , ABS brakes, adjustable seat and handle bars and riser. Thinking of trading in my street bob. I wish is was available before I bought my SB last year.

Will most of the accessories for the dyna series fit.? Especially sissy bar and luggage rack and highway bars and forward heavy air filter and saddle bags and touring windshield.?

Is the brake pedal adjustable( able to be raised).?

What do ya think?

Roger
I honestly think they took the one from 2005, threw on some bells and whistles and a 103 and threw it out the door. I was pretty disappointed with it because the style direction was looking good 2006 and later.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Scott Hall
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sat on one at the dealer. The brake pedal was too low and hard to actuate comfortably like the standard mids. I hope its just an adjustment issue.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,838 Likes on 825 Posts

Just got back from the dealer. Took a good, long look at the Low Rider. Didn't care for the booster seat. Adjustable risers are nice, but look ''busy'' on the handlebars. Nice bike, but I saw nothing that would make me want to trade my FXDC for. I can see why HD isn't making the SuperGlide Custom. They're virtually the same bike.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I stop by the stealer to take a look as well. Booster seat moved me way too far forward, would have to remove the extra padding, the controls cramped my knees just as much as standard mid controls do, the handlebar set up/riser/etc. is busy, as stated above, and ugly. As mentioned in another thread, the grips are indeed of a reduced diameter compared to other newer HDs.

Wouldn't trade my 2005 Lowrider for the new one.

One thought, and this has been mentioned in at least one other thread, the bike seems to have several features that make it more user friendly for those who are smaller in stature. This includes women. I'd be willing to guess HD is trying to move women to Dynas as their first bike, or upgraded bike, as opposed to Sportsters. Just speculation, of course.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2014 Low Rider

Originally Posted by slozomby
most everything should fit. the luggage rack will depend on which one you have. if you have the solo rack you'll need a solo seat to go with it. if yours attaches to the sissy bar then you'll be fine. you'll need to relocate the rear turns on the new bike to mount bags and quick detach stuff.
yes you can adjust the brake pedal.
Sloz, and all other replies--- thank you,
I like my street bob, but wish they had had the low when I purchased it last year. Being short, its perfect for me. I was able to get the SB to fit me with some effort, but the new Low requires very little. I especially like the dual brakes. The single rotor is not enough for a 700 lb bike even with ABS. Have no idea how they got it past inspection. Also the forward mid control is perfect for me. Love the seat bolster. Do not like the thin grips, and hate the kick stand.
Right now its up to the dealer to offer me a good trade and move a few things from my old bike to the Low ( not looking to steal the bike, just get a more suitable ride).
I am hoping other members continue posting ideas and thoughts on the Low.
Roger

Last edited by rogersachs; 03-29-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:34 PM
YAZOO
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing good about the low is the front brake. Harley has a sheepish way of doing things. I have 2012 FXDC. Which in 2011 was a low rider. Just rebadge and go,
now they added a brake in front and a set of gadget wiener risers and call it a low rider
I forgot the mid controls. The FXDC had standard controls. The Chrome and finish is really nice. I don't like the dirty flat colors and blacked out motors. I guess that's why they made different models.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:55 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

The new Low rider is really nice no doubt. There is a coupe new models come out every year, I am stuck with my SB.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:38 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

128auto great shot.

I also am torn on upgrading my 2001 low rider-. that said i feel as if i dont have to because i love what i have. but would love that 6th gear...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by freddyttt; 03-29-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quick Reply: OMG the new Low Rider 2014