Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing installed (picture)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Aces and 8s
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing installed (picture)

I was very reluctant to get a 1/4 fairing due to the surge in popularity. Dont get me wrong, they look great but I like trying to be different.

Anyways, I had about enough of holding on for dear life at highway speed and wanted something to deflect the wind. After reading many times over that a fairing will help I decided to go for it. I could have went windshield, but to my view they're ugly.

Glad I got the Memphis Shades Gauntlet. It works very well. Wind is now flowing over my shoulders instead of into my chest and my grip is much more relaxed at speed.

My 13 SB has the fairing, V/H twin slash slip ons, DK Customs Air Cleaner, black heatshields, and 10 inch risers with drag bars.

Name:  20140329_111749_zpsf06a72c6.jpg
Views: 10164
Size:  78.7 KB

Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces and 8s
I was very reluctant to get a 1/4 fairing due to the surge in popularity. Dont get me wrong, they look great but I like trying to be different.

Anyways, I had about enough of holding on for dear life at highway speed and wanted something to deflect the wind. After reading many times over that a fairing will help I decided to go for it. I could have went windshield, but to my view they're ugly.

Glad I got the Memphis Shades Gauntlet. It works very well. Wind is now flowing over my shoulders instead of into my chest and my grip is much more relaxed at speed.

My 13 SB has the fairing, V/H twin slash slip ons, DK Customs Air Cleaner, black heatshields, and 10 inch risers with drag bars.

I really like my Gauntlet and highly recommend it. Yours looks great.

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing installed (picture)-image.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 04:20 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Look's good!

Old 03-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

Well, look at it this way, you're still in the minority; I'm sure there are a lot more Harley's on the road without quarter fairings then with.
Looks sharp to and hell yeah they're functional!
I just wish I was riding in the roads in your picture, 40mph winds and some rain here today.

Looking good

Old 03-30-2014, 04:41 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Looks great. I'm really enjoying the functionality from my recently added gauntlet fairing.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:34 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I want to put one on, but am worried about the buffeting. I had an HD quarter fairing and the buffeting was unbearable with that thing.

How is it with you? How tall are you?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

From having both the quarter fairing and the gauntlet I would say the gauntlet is more upright and gave me no buffeting. I also then installed the laminar lip. It raised up the wind a little but more and IMHO made it look a little better

Old 03-30-2014, 07:36 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm 6'2" and have no buffeting. The fairing will sit at a different angle on the WG though.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:29 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm 5'11". No buffeting for me either. There is some fore and aft adjustability with the mounting brackets--maybe a total of an inch of movement.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:06 PM
bad93snake
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misfitJason
From having both the quarter fairing and the gauntlet I would say the gauntlet is more upright and gave me no buffeting. I also then installed the laminar lip. It raised up the wind a little but more and IMHO made it look a little better
Which Laminar did you use with the Gauntlet? I'm interested.

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing installed (picture)