Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward Control/inner primary cover(HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM
Falcon81
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Forward Control/inner primary cover(HELP!)

Hello there, new to the forum and have been getting most of my ideas and information from the site. I ran into a problem and was hoping for some insight. I have Kuryakyn forward controls installed on my 09 Dyna and now am trying to add a Kuryakyn chrome inner primary cover. For some reason the linkage hits the chrome cover and I am unable to shift. I tried to adjust the linkage but no luck. Has anyone had any experience with this. Without the cover, there is just enough clearance. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Forward Control/inner primary cover(HELP!)-link1.jpg Forward Control/inner primary cover(HELP!)-link2.jpg Forward Control/inner primary cover(HELP!)-link3.jpg

Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 PM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you connect the linkage rod on the outside of the shifter upright arm..so the linkage falls more inline with the groove that I see on the top of the inner primary? Looks like the linkage is about a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch to close to the cylinder heads from the photos.

I went out and looked at mine (not Kurakyn) and the linkage is well above the inner, at least an inch, and it's also connected to the inside of the arm??

Good luck!

Last edited by spyderwebb; 03-31-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking closer at your pictures I question what I thought was a groove is actually a reflection of the shift linkage rod, so I did a little research and found the following info.

I wonder if the shifter upright arm should be turned the other way...see the illustration.

Otherwise, the instructions are kind of vague but maybe they will help, follow this link: https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/pdf/in...5/dkh57644.pdf

Attached Thumbnails Forward Control/inner primary cover(HELP!)-kuryakyn-forward-control-picture.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Falcon81
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya It won't let me view your pic becaus I am a new member. I tried attaching the front of the linkage to the outside of the lever but it is on too much of an angle. For some reason the linkage is not high enough and it hits the cover. I cannot move the lever any further back as the shift linkage is at its shortest. If the linkage was raised up higher it would be fine but where it connects at the gear it is too low.

I called Kuryakyn tech support and they are at a loss. They just say that it is the right part and that it should fit.

I am taking the bike into a shop to have a 21x3.5 wheel put on however I don't want to have to pay $85 an hour to have them look at something that should be simple job.

Nice bike BTW