Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H FP3 review

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 12:46 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default V&H FP3 review

I know these are starting to creep into peoples hands now or many have been inquisitive about this product so I figured I would give my quick impression.

My buddy works at Revzilla and was psyched when this product came in and told me I had to try it. He said when V&H was there demoing the product it made him want to get a Harley just to mess around with one.

Anyway, this product couldnt be any easier to use. It took more time to install my Xied than to get this product up and running.

So I had the Xied on my bike to previously work in conjunction with my V&H 2-1 and my DK intake. I was still getting the decel pops with that so I figured why not try this new device. I wasnt looking to get into a full tuner or put the thing on a dyno to get a map done so this was looked like a very promising product.

It came with two instruction booklets, one for Android and one for IOS. I have an Android device and honestly didnt even use the manuals. It was that "plug-n-play" easy.

I hooked it up and connected my phone via bluetooth. First thing it told me was that there was an update already. Took about 5 minutes to do that so to kill time I checked the air pressure in my tires and gave the bike a good wipe down in preparation for my first ride of the season today.

I went in and checked off the exhaust I had as per the on screen instructions. I had wanted to just do the Autotune but apparently you cant do that until you download your first map to the bike. So thats what I did.

Its really neat that when you download the map to the bike you can then see 5 different "live" functions at the same time on the screen. One big function in the middle with 4 little functions around the edges. Also nice is that they rotate with the screen no matter which way you decide to mount the phone on the bike. The one visual function I really liked was finally having an oil temp guage on the bike.

Anyway, I rode the bike in today to work(albeit quite freezing) on the map I downloaded(not doing Autotune yet) and I noticed a different smoothness to the throttle. There was also no decel pop at all anymore, regardless of it being cold or warmed up already.

I plan on doing the Autotune function when I can really get some seat time on the bike as it seems to need a couple rides to populate the Autotune map.

So far I think this is a great product for the price and recommend it to anyone looking for something simple and easy to hook up with the ability to change back to stock maps or update anytime they want.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

mine came in a few days ago and i also bought a K&N filter to go in my crossbones AC
just need time to remove the ViEDs as i dont want to run both

Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
mine came in a few days ago and i also bought a K&N filter to go in my crossbones AC
just need time to remove the ViEDs as i dont want to run both
Yeah, I didnt want to run both either but it was super simple to remove the old two jump wires and put the new FP3 in.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:09 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

How does it know the oil temp?

Old 04-01-2014, 01:12 PM
DJY
Road Captain

Just read website, it's cyl. temp.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:14 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DJY
Just read website, it's cyl. temp.
You are right, I stand corrected. Still, thats kinda cool to know.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:17 PM
DJY
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HyperM3
You are right, I stand corrected. Still, thats kinda cool to know.
absolutely

Old 04-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Doug103FXDWG
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any feedback using the Autotune feature? I saw a demo of this thing at Bike Week and have been considering one myself.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Doug103FXDWG
Any feedback using the Autotune feature? I saw a demo of this thing at Bike Week and have been considering one myself.
Not yet as this was my first day riding with it. I do plan to experiment with it further tho. Looks like nice weather again tomorrow so hopefully I can start using the autotune.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There are a lot of FP3 threads in several different sub forums. Would be nice if one of the *Super Mods* would merge them all into one.

Quick Reply: V&H FP3 review