Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Help

Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Tau511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlebag Help

I spent hours the other night looking through the forums for detachable saddlebags for my street bob. Finally found some that I thought might work in someone's post. Went online tonight to try to find pics of them mounted on the bike and realized I didn't remember the brand name. Now, for the life of me, I cannot find the thread where I saw the brand name before.

They are only sold through HD but they are not HD. Any help on the brand name? They are leather, detachable, locking. . .

If not any recommendations on what would work for me? I need bags that I can take off my bike when I stop for the night when I can't be near the bike, like at a motel. I only want the bags for long trips as I hate the look and only want to use them when I have too. I'm a little worried about something like easy brackets because people say they stick out far with a detachable sissy bar mounted to the fender.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:41 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,040 Likes on 11,060 Posts

If you are traveling, what's wrong with bags that stick out too far? Bigger the better, you never have enough room when leaving on a trip.
FWIW, I have EZ brackets on Leatherworks bags.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Tau511
Advanced

Originally Posted by upflying
If you are traveling, what's wrong with bags that stick out too far? Bigger the better, you never have enough room when leaving on a trip.
FWIW, I have EZ brackets on Leatherworks bags.
IDK I'm a slave to appearances? Any chance you have photos of your bags mounted?

Old 04-01-2014, 11:47 PM
darkhdshadow
Cruiser

I have Leather Pros and love them! They have 2 handles inside to lock onto the docking hardware. Very strong and well built to hold their shape for years to come! They also lock. You can get them with or without studs. Also available 2 different kinds of straps. I think they are only available in black. A separate purchase of side docking hardware for about $50.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Tau511
Advanced

Originally Posted by darkhdshadow
I have Leather Pros and love them! They have 2 handles inside to lock onto the docking hardware. Very strong and well built to hold their shape for years to come! They also lock. You can get them with or without studs. Also available 2 different kinds of straps. I think they are only available in black. A separate purchase of side docking hardware for about $50.
That's the brand I was looking for! I have heard nothing but good things about these bags. Wish they weren't so expensive but I guess that's why I am hearing nothing but good things.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:50 AM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine are Boss Bags (virtually the same as Leather Pros). They are expensive, but you can find them used occasionally (got mine for $400.... and they still look new). They are really well-built and sit in really close to the struts. My pics show the bags mounted close and still I can get my detachable sissybar on and off easily. You can lock the bags to the bike and lock the bags themselves.

These bags will last as long as I have the bike. What more can you ask for?

Saddlebag Help-dsc01433.jpg

Saddlebag Help-dsc01432.jpg

Saddlebag Help-dsc01434.jpg

Saddlebag Help-dsc01437.jpg

Saddlebag Help-dsc01441.jpg

Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,040 Likes on 11,060 Posts

Originally Posted by Tau511
IDK I'm a slave to appearances? Any chance you have photos of your bags mounted?
Yes I have a photo. You may be right, they stick out too far..but I am ok with them. EZ to remove when I want to change the look. These are the biggest bags Leatherworks sells.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

Pay the extra money and go with Leather Pros..you won't be sorry.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just figure out what you need to fit in them. sometimes you have to sacrifice looks for needs.

for my current bags i had a requirement of a 17" macbook. didnt fit in most bags i saw that locked. went with the harley rigid locking bags. they'll fit the macbook. but not much else after loading in rain & cold gear. and some tools and a water bottle. not the best bags for long trips but just fine around town. long and narrow is the tradeoff. for long trips i fill up my tailbag strapped to the seat and a large backpack bungeed to the sissybar/luggage rack.

my other bike has bags that'll fit a 12 pack on 1 side and a bucket of fried chicken in the other. which is sometimes important.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The LeatherPro bags are very nice and an easy decision if you plan to spend the money. They come with their own version of detach hardware that is excellent.

Alternatively, look at the BareBack mounting system from CycleVisions. They attach/detach in seconds and don't stick out as far as the Easy Brackeys. The can be adapted to just about any bag. I use them with Canvas bags from Viking (Cruise Slant.) All-in, I have $250 in my bag setup. (I bought the BareBacks used. Add $50 if you buy new.)

They stay on my my bike more than I thought, but they come off in a few seconds. The BareBacks come with nice little caps that cover the hardware.

When I'm finished buying other hard items, I'll upgrade to LeatherPro bags, but these do a fantastic job doing exactly what you described.

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebag Help-image.jpg  

Last edited by SLV; 04-02-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saddlebag Help