Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do ?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 AM
DJayx
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What would you do ?!

Ok, I need to vent ........ I pulled my '13 FXDF out after work last night to go for a spin and was letting it idle for a minute while I put my jacket and helmet on and come outside to see my buddy sitting on it checking it out ( no big deal right? ) all of a sudden he goes to set it back on the stand and drops it! Luckily on the left side, and luckily I had just installed HD factory saddle bags ( which saved the day btw ). Ended up with a bent shifter, scratched primary case and derby cover, scratched mirror and scratched clutch lever. Gladly he was not hurt which was my first concern, but now its like I cant help but be like WTF!?! So, What would you do?

Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If he is a true friend all you can do is to remind him not to mess with expensive **** that don't belong to him! I would expect him to apologize profusly and volonteer some sort of compensation.
If he's just a passing aquaintance kick him in the nutz and make him pay!
A person should never just sit on another guy's ride without explicit permission, that would be like grabbing my wife's ***!

How did you react?

Last edited by maddghost; 04-02-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Hookem2255
Intermediate

He should be already offering to pay for the damages....if I was the guy, I would be on the phone today calling dealerships and shops setting up quotes for you to get her fixed. I would also be paying for your time and headaches.

But that's only if he is a decent human being and friend....

Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

If he were TRULY a good friend my first response would be "are you ok?". My second response would be "WTF man! You got any idea of how much this is going to cost to fix?" Unless he first volunteers AND THEN ACTUALLY PAYS to fix EVERYTHING, end of friendship! "Friends" don't just sit themselves on other "friends" bikes, period, done, finished! A "friend" would ask first! I know that this sounds almost crazy but you asked what my response would be.

As far as "A person should never just sit on another guy's ride without explicit permission, that would be like grabbing my wife's ***!" just wondering if anyone has ever asked permission to grab your wife's ***? If so, he/she must be a REALLY GOOD FRIEND!

Last edited by jeffreydsilver; 04-02-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 AM
zorro69
Advanced

Difficult one I think

I would not be happy either, but if he is any sort of friend, he should be coming up with an offer to repair the damage he has created

Part of the problem is that people don’t actually realize the weight in some of these bikes and are probably shocked when they hop on, flick up the stand then realize they have a 600/700lb dead weight they are trying to balance

But difficult situation for you really - but he should be coming up with some cash for the repairs

Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 AM
sisson16
Cruiser

My first question wouldnt be if he was alright. You can guess from there.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 AM
WMX124
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My response, "You know you're paying for all of that, right?"

Old 04-02-2014, 08:08 AM
r1cochet
Tourer
Received 203 Likes on 86 Posts

I'd accept a reciprocal deal where you get to sample his ride. Depends on how good she looks though.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 AM
StFrancis
Advanced

First, its best to just not have any friends.

If hes not cool enough to offer to cover what he damaged...go Chuck Norris style and roundhouse kick the mirror of his vehicle. It only works if you do the sweet round house kick while hes watching then go grab his wife's ***.

But if you guys are good friends, (and obviously the bike is still ride able) you could let him replace a part or two at a time if he doesn't have the cash oh hand for the whole thing. $hit happens, hopefully it works out! Sorry to hear about the bike!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem here with a friend sitting on my bike without asking. I'm not that **** or pseudo macho, and it is NOT like grabbing my wife's *** without asking.

Like said in previous posts, your friend should be apologizing and asking how much to fix. If the roles were reversed that's what you would do I'm sure.

Quick Reply: What would you do ?!