Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:20 AM
peter deering
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro pipe

Well I going out today to order my new exhaust. Couple of questions, Do I need new exhaust gaskets and if so what kind. Also I am running Xieds at present is there any need to put on a fuelpak. I dont have any plans to go any any further then Pro pipe and vo2 naked breather. I ride 07 superglide naked vo2 Xieds and se slip ons. Tks

Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 AM
ScudRunner
Cruiser

If I remember correctly, my Pro Pipe came with new exhaust gaskets. I do not know if they were H-D "brand" or not; I didn't know they would be part of the package, so I ordered new H-D ones when I ordered my pipe.

My Pro Pipe did not come with new retaining rings for the header flanges. You may want to order a pair of those in case you jack up the ones currently on your pipes during removal and are thus unable to reuse them.

As to your question about engine management, I can only offer my opinion: I prefer having something in place that allows me (or someone smarter than me) to make changes and dial things in based on real world feedback.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Since you already have the XIEDs just leave them on and see how it runs. If they don't perform well or even better, you want to get the most out of an excellent pipe, think about a real tuner instead of the fuelpak. It would be a shame to spend the bucks on the Propipe and not maximize its potential.
This is a good deal: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/multi...weeks-old.html

Old 04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Short answer? Yes, the Xied setup will do its job with the pipe and intake. You won't be running too lean for safe performance.

However, a tuner will allow you to fine tune the air/fuel and let you optimize performance.

The FuelPak 3 seems to be getting so e good reviews, but I wouldn't recommend the FuelPak 2 because it's very limited in capability.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:34 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running a Fuel Pak with my Pro Pipe. The bike runs great with no decel popping and has nice throttle response. If you do not plan on doing anything else to your engine, these mods will be fine and your bike will run well...

Old 04-03-2014, 03:54 PM
peter deering
Cruiser

Tks for the info guys think i will wait and purchase the power vision when the funds are available, and for know go with the xieds.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:03 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't use the gaskets that come with the pipes...it the best ones you can find.
Your going to love the propipe. It will run well with the XEID's but will run awesome with the right tuner and tune.