Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience with Superchips Vigilante

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Woodys03
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My experience with Superchips Vigilante

I did some reading and for the most part the Vigilante has great reviews. So I called their tech support and told the tech my mods I am planning for the bike and he confirmed the Vigilante would be great for my bike. I spoke to one of the online shops and they too said it would be great for the mods I am planning. So I bought it and had everything installed (vance and hines big radius 2/2 and big sucker). Well turns out I got a code for o2's reading hot. Was told it's due to not having cats now and I need to contact Superchips on how to get rid of the code. Superchips told me I have to put cats back on the bike to get rid of the code. I really can't begin to say how pissed I am about doing my research, talking to both the manufacture and a well known online parts business and getting two thumbs up just to be told to pound sand on what I want to do to my bike or live with a check engine light on. So I ordered a Tmax today that will be on the bike tomorrow. I've ran Superchips in my drag cars and Truck for 12 years and to say I'm disappointed now with them is a tremendous understatement.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:03 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 972 Likes on 735 Posts

Well, that sucks. I guess they "forgot" to say anything about a possible mechanical conflict since they were trying to make a sale.
I haven't heard of anyone on this or other forums that mentioned running a Vigilante on a bike, and after your experience with it I doubt there will be a big rush to try one out. I'm sure you'll have better luck with your Tmax. Mine has worked great for years.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:04 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Second that.....haven't seen anybody use superchips until now.

Tmax will do everything and beyond your needs.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 PM
CraigB1960
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will like the performance you get with the T-Max...and it will continue to deliver when you make additional performance upgrades.