Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker First Impression

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Daymaker First Impression

Well I picked up the HD Daymaker not long ago and got it installed earlier this week thanks to Ratbob and his soldering expertise (another headlight swap on the FXDF). It was daylight the first couple times I got the bike out on the road with it on and even though I walked out in front of it to take a look and get it adjusted it didn't really strike me as much. Then it rained like hell for a couple nights so it wasn't until tonight that I got a better look after the sun went down. This time it was good and dark when I walked out about 30 feet to turn around and have a look straight at the LED.

Don't do that.

What a difference. The "night and day" pun really is accurate. After I did a little more adjusting I took it out in town to get a feel for what it's like at night. In the dark alley leading up to the street the difference was immediately clear. When you're riding on well lit streets you won't notice it nearly as much but the moment you hit a dark stretch it's impossible to miss. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on that light. I highly recommend it if you spend any amount of time at all out at night and/or on dark roads.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I like mine on my UGC.
It's good to be seen.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser

Agreed.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it worked out to your liking Dan, I hope I get a chance to see it in action.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Been thinking about that for my Low Rider. Don't ride that much at night but got to think it makes you more visible during the day.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:55 AM
wisconsinhd1995
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clown Shoes
Well I picked up the HD Daymaker not long ago and got it installed earlier this week thanks to Ratbob and his soldering expertise (another headlight swap on the FXDF). It was daylight the first couple times I got the bike out on the road with it on and even though I walked out in front of it to take a look and get it adjusted it didn't really strike me as much. Then it rained like hell for a couple nights so it wasn't until tonight that I got a better look after the sun went down. This time it was good and dark when I walked out about 30 feet to turn around and have a look straight at the LED.

Don't do that.

What a difference. The "night and day" pun really is accurate. After I did a little more adjusting I took it out in town to get a feel for what it's like at night. In the dark alley leading up to the street the difference was immediately clear. When you're riding on well lit streets you won't notice it nearly as much but the moment you hit a dark stretch it's impossible to miss. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on that light. I highly recommend it if you spend any amount of time at all out at night and/or on dark roads.
I've been been thinking about getting an led headlight but not sure if i war the day maker. but this helps. i ride ALOT at night cuz i work 2nd shift and 20 miles one way is no fun when i can't see. thanks

Old 04-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser

Appleton! I grew up in Sheboygan Falls and Manitowoc!
I know the roads you're talking about pretty well and unless you're staying on the city roads or 41 you'll be glad you have it (even on 41 I think you'll appreciate it). Those back roads and 310 can be treacherous, not to mention how many deer come flying out of nowhere. I was pleased it has a pretty wide beam also to light up the sides. I'm not a huge proponent of HD stuff, or any particular vendor, but when someone puts out a good product I like to give feedback. It's expensive but if you can use some sort of reward points or pair it with a sale like I did I absolutely recommend it. Good luck and GO BADGERS!!!!