Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork and fuel leaks....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fork and fuel leaks....

Okay, found the fuel leak that has been driving me nuts... Damn top plate, 99% sure it's the screw/o-ring combo, but, putting a new seal and screws in as soon as my wife gets home with the parts, since she was out shopping anyway.

Freaking paint is flaking right off the rear fender. And spoke looks like crap. WTF, I had this problem with my 08. Was told at the time that the bikes need to be washed and waxed every 2 weeks... LMAO... Whatever.

And the freaking forks leak, left side is worse. Well, inspection of the fork tube shows some pitting, can snag a finger nail on it, some I sure that is the root of it.

Okay, this bike has 2400 miles on it, and spent its time in a garage, in the south(my father in laws place).

The fuel leak, I can understand. Stuff dries out.

And the paint, well, I've come to expect this. Joe will probably end up getting my tins, and working them over. Until then, whatever.

Just burns me, that my 20 year old bike is in better shape than a low mileage newer bike.

Rant over.

I've never had this issue with a fork tube before. Am I buying new tubes? Or, can I hit the tubes with some emery or polishing compound?

Thanks,
Chase