Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 05:28 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts
Default NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's

Bought my Street Bob new in 2007. Been riding since the 70's. Around '77 or so Harley came out with the cafe racer style sportster, wanted one but could not afford at 17yrs old. By the time I could afford a new bike in '83 the MOCO bought back their Co. from AMF. I bought a XLX (blacked out sportster). No body wanted the AMF xcr's (I think it was). Now they're worth 20 k or so!
Alot of us in those days liked the bikini fairing, drag bars and all that go with that look and performance---still do.
I set my Street Bob up outlaw style back in '07. Didn't see many like it. One or two on this forum inspired me. I'd see a couple when riding around in the city.
SOA (one of my favorite shows) came out in '08. Thought it was cool the bikes on the show were set up like ours! But 6 years later--just about every Dyna you see is dialed up with "the look".
Still like "the look" handling and performance too. But gotta be different.
So I ditched the 1/4 fairing, tbars and solo bag and been tinkering toward a more vintage style. Gotta tip my hat to China bull and AMMF. I've been stealing ideas from those guys. Riveting canvas and leather straps to a kurry roll bag was my idea

Attached Thumbnails NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0514.jpg   NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0510.jpg   NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0511.jpg   NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0507.jpg   NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0501.jpg  

Last edited by fskitch; 04-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Chinashop bull
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Looking good. Seems like black & white is the flavour of the month.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:03 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking scoot! What brand is that bag?

Old 04-05-2014, 06:14 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking scoot!! I prefer the NON-club/thug look myself on my HD

Old 04-05-2014, 06:14 PM
fskitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by hddan502
Nice looking scoot! What brand is that bag?
Started as Kuryakyn Tour Trunk Roll Bag. Sliced all the vinyl and side pockets off and covered. Used pictures of old steamer trunks to get my mind around the vintage look. I don't think people used steamer trunks on bikes back in the day, but I like the way it flows.

Attached Thumbnails NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-kuryakyntour-trunk.jpg   NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0497.jpg   NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's-img_0493.jpg  
Old 04-05-2014, 06:18 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Cool

Originally Posted by Chinashop bull
Looking good. Seems like black & white is the flavour of the month.
Even with your camera skills--I don't think it would look near as sharp as yours.....maybe in time? Gotta see about 16" wheels after I use up my new whitewalls.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:29 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fskitch
Started as Kuryakyn Tour Trunk Roll Bag. Sliced all the vinyl and side pockets off and covered. Used pictures of old steamer trunks to get my mind around the vintage look. I don't think people used steamer trunks on bikes back in the day, but I like the way it flows.

Very cool idea fskitch! 👍

Old 04-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Tau511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an awesome roll bag. I might steal that idea. . .

Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Chinashop bull
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fskitch
Even with your camera skills--I don't think it would look near as sharp as yours.....maybe in time? Gotta see about 16" wheels after I use up my new whitewalls.
Thanks man. Ain't nothing original about my bike. I stole all of my ideas from MOCO.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:15 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i hear ya with the 1/4 fairings and that whole look
i always liked that look, i had an 87 fxr with a ness fairing a long time ago and now i have a dyna with a ness fairing and i have also had an HD 1/4

a few years after SOA came out i would have people come up to me and say "cool, you got one of those Son of Anarchy bikes" it stated to bother me so i took the fairing off for awhile. then one day i walked out into my garage and thought "i like that look and i always have and im going to have a club style dyna even if it is super trendy right now"

Also i cant ever remember anyone until recently call them a club or outlaw style

btw, the pics of the bike looks good

Quick Reply: NON Thug style/Club style Dyna's