Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new Low Rider...?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The new Low Rider...?

I'm surprised no threads. Haven't seen it yet, local Harley had one for a day. They said it is cool as hell. Probably silly for me to be interested in another since I had the best Low Rider ever made, Y2K FXR4 for 10 years. I've regretted selling it anytime I think about it, but I had convinced myself I wanted a bigger bike. Funny but the older I get now I don't want a bigger bike.

Anyone with any feedback?

Last edited by thealaskan; 04-05-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:44 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been a buncha threads about it. just not on the front page currently.

general consensus is one of the following:
a) love it/shouldnt have replaced the superglide
b) its a girls bike/I want one
c) the forward mids are good/bad.
d) i like/hate the seat.
e) dual discs rock/i can lock up my single disc so who cares.

personally i like the dual discs, would be putting taller shocks on. still undecided on the risers and i hate the seat. its almost everything i'd have done to a superglide.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:51 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Spent the day riding my new low rider! I'm happy with it! Can't wait to ride tomorrow!

Old 04-05-2014, 11:06 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,973 Likes on 11,031 Posts

Originally Posted by thealaskan
. Funny but the older I get now I don't want a bigger bike.
I rode baggers for years then downsized to a Dyna for my 60th birthday. No regrets, less is better.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:18 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

My dealer has two. A vivid black one and some kind of orange one. Black one looks nice but I far prefer the less costly Street Bob as the best Dyna.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my silver and black Low Rider for about 3 weeks. Keep in mind this is my first Harley but have been riding for 47 yrs, mostly Suzuki, Honda, but have owned a Ducati, a BMW, and a Triumph Scrambler. The Low Rider fits me perfect, 5'11", 170 lbs. The seat is comfortable but some people have said they don't like it. I like the adjustable risers but I think some people thing they look to busy. I'm surprised how quick the bike is, didn't expect that from a Harley. I normally prefer light bikes but the Low Rider handles well and I do not feel the weight. The worst thing I can say is the position of the rear brake pedal. It's to low in relationship to the peg. I've learned to live with it. Overall I'm pleased and consider it a keeper. It's made me a Harley convert.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can adjust your brake pedal...........Glad you like your new lowrider!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justintyme73
You can adjust your brake pedal...........Glad you like your new lowrider!
Yeah I thought so to but when I had it into the dealer a couple of weeks ago to install the mini sissy bar and back rest they said Harley had left little adjustment. Hmm, something I'll have to look into, suppose to rain today so maybe this afternoon. Besides the sissy bar the only other thing I've changed are the grips. I have big hands and I thought the originals look cheap.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:53 AM
snatchcat
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

The 2014 lowrider I rode had the pedal adjusted parallel with the top of the peg and a Google images search will show you pics with it adjusted even higher!

If I had bought it I may have adjusted a bit lower?... it's my opinion that nothing can get you in trouble quicker on a bike that too much rear brake at the wrong time!... right up there with riding drunk!... just sayin'

Old 04-06-2014, 11:42 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

It felt like I had to twist my foot to much so I had the tec adjust it and it seems to be fine now! I have to be careful not to rest my foot on it because I don't want to drag the break when riding! Not saying it is but might be why it comes the way it does!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The new Low Rider...?