Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick, easy, powervision question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM
CowboyIp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick, easy, powervision question

I've seen a lot of posts touting the benefits of the powervision for its adaptability beyond a stage 1. I plan on doing cams and big bore in the future, so I'm pretty set on picking this up for my stage 1. The only question I have is, do I need to mount this thing to the bike at all times or can I just flash, probably run with it on for a little bit to get some data and adjust the tune as needed, then pull it off and store it away?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:34 AM
JeffKill
Tourer

Originally Posted by CowboyIp
I've seen a lot of posts touting the benefits of the powervision for its adaptability beyond a stage 1. I plan on doing cams and big bore in the future, so I'm pretty set on picking this up for my stage 1. The only question I have is, do I need to mount this thing to the bike at all times or can I just flash, probably run with it on for a little bit to get some data and adjust the tune as needed, then pull it off and store it away?
Correct. You don't need to leave the PV mounted to the bike. You will need to find a way of mounting/carrying it if you plan to do auto tune runs. I always just plugged it in and threw it in my saddle bag for that.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:53 AM
CowboyIp
Intermediate

Ok, great. That helps settle out the stage 1 to a Supertrapp 2-1 Supermeg, Powervision, and an Outlaw 587 air cleaner.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:32 PM
iwantalowrider
Advanced

if I may ask, how do you download a map into it, do you still need a laptop for that?

Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to put a downloaded map you need to connect it to a windows computer with a usb cable and run the winpv software.

once its downloaded you dont need to plug it in again. except to update firmware or download another map. or archive a previous map. i always keep a copy of the stock map.

i keep mine in my saddlebag while im tuning (make sure the cable is nowhere near the belt) . and when im not its in the box on a shelf.

if you get it from fuelmoto and tell them what your doing they'll send you a decent base map. after that you'll want to run a few autotune sessions to dial it in. i consider an autotune session a full tank of gas in mixed conditions.

Last edited by slozomby; 04-07-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:14 PM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iwantalowrider
if I may ask, how do you download a map into it, do you still need a laptop for that?
You download from a pc or laptop, but if your are stock or starting out with stage 1, the preloaded maps are good and you won't need to download anything to get going.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:42 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and get it from fuel moto. jamie is top notch and has the best customer service if you ever need help with the tuner. not to mention free fuel maps for life. just save your receipt with order number