Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snake bit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 07:50 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Snake bit

First I have issues with the installed V&H 2-1 exhaust not being able to access the dip stick. Now I stall the FP3 and that goes south. I install the FP3 and it pairs with the phone no problem, download the map no problem. Next is to restart the FP3 and repair. No dice, cant find phone. ???? Call fuelmoto and they cant figure it out. Try V&H just get stuck on hold. Call fuelmoto back. They call V&H for me and have V&H call. V&H dont know what is wrong, they think it is a bad unit. Problem is my original Harley tune is lost in cyberspace, the downloaded map works, but bike smells of gas when running. V&H is sending a replacement unit, but not sure if they can get my original tune back and what the problem is. I am now sorry I went with V&H on anything on the bike. On a positive note, Fuelmoto is great and helpful. Not their fault this happened but they at least try and are only one V&H will talk too.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a nut kick. V&H has been good to me.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:09 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 601 Posts

Unfortunate that you are having a difficult time.
Rather difficult and confusing to follow the story line in the manner presented, even more difficult to understand when the model and year is not added.
Consider adding:
Model and year of the bike
Model number of pipes or exhaust system installed.
By FP3, i guess you mean Fuelpak FP3 Vance & Hines ID: 66005
1-It would seem you are having difficulty with dip stick access after the installation of an exhaust system.
2-It would seem that a piggy back fuel device was installed and is not operating correctly..something like this : http://www.fuelmotousa.com/fuelpak-fp3.html
3- V&H was slow on the customer support while Fuelmoto was the definition of good support.
4-Try to tackle the problem in a step approach...oil dip stick access: you can not be the first one with the problem unless an incorrect product application is in place or if a special tool/device is required to access the dip stick (look over function thing)..consider posting a picture and someone might have already experienced the same problem...There is an oil dipstick socket available that may provide a solution.
Here is a link to a youtube video in order to better understand:
5-In regards to tune: it would seem that something is incorrect or a problem exist with the tuner device itself IF the device was able to communicate with YOUR phone.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:26 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Originally Posted by im
Unfortunate that you are having a difficult time.
Rather difficult and confusing to follow the story line in the manner presented, even more difficult to understand when the model and year is not added.
Consider adding:
Model and year of the bike
Model number of pipes or exhaust system installed.
By FP3, i guess you mean Fuelpak FP3 Vance & Hines ID: 66005
1-It would seem you are having difficulty with dip stick access after the installation of an exhaust system.
2-It would seem that a piggy back fuel device was installed and is not operating correctly..something like this : http://www.fuelmotousa.com/fuelpak-fp3.html
3- V&H was slow on the customer support while Fuelmoto was the definition of good support.
4-Try to tackle the problem in a step approach...oil dip stick access: you can not be the first one with the problem unless an incorrect product application is in place or if a special tool/device is required to access the dip stick (look over function thing)..consider posting a picture and someone might have already experienced the same problem...There is an oil dipstick socket available that may provide a solution.
Here is a link to a youtube video in order to better understand: Harley Davidson Oil Dipstick socket - YouTube
5-In regards to tune: it would seem that something is incorrect or a problem exist with the tuner device itself IF the device was able to communicate with YOUR phone.
Sorry

1) dipstick issue I have fixed with an aftermarket dipstick this is smaller and easier to remove with the existing headers. V&H = Vance and Hines
2) Correct
3)Correct
4) Fixed
5) waiting on new FP3 or Fuelpack3, perhaps the first device was bad. Waiting for delivery

Old 04-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,798 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by pab3rd
First I have issues with the installed V&H 2-1 exhaust not being able to access the dip stick. Now I stall the FP3 and that goes south. I install the FP3 and it pairs with the phone no problem, download the map no problem. Next is to restart the FP3 and repair. No dice, cant find phone. ???? Call fuelmoto and they cant figure it out. Try V&H just get stuck on hold. Call fuelmoto back. They call V&H for me and have V&H call. V&H dont know what is wrong, they think it is a bad unit. Problem is my original Harley tune is lost in cyberspace, the downloaded map works, but bike smells of gas when running. V&H is sending a replacement unit, but not sure if they can get my original tune back and what the problem is. I am now sorry I went with V&H on anything on the bike. On a positive note, Fuelmoto is great and helpful. Not their fault this happened but they at least try and are only one V&H will talk too.

The reason I'll never buy a new bike...unless I can convert it to a carb.

Your tune is lost in cyberspace.

I like the days when you changed a couple jets, and pulled out the covers on the carb to get to the adjustment screws. Even better before they started putting the adjustment screw covers on.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

lol, now days you have to be a computer tech to tune.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,798 Likes on 757 Posts

lol, now days you have to be a computer tech to tune.

This is true, then they decided to put ABS brakes on them. Gotta go to the dealer, or buy some kind of computer thing.

Was riding with a group back last winter and a couple had newer baggers. They didn't even have a reserve on the gas tank. Had to rely on the fuel gauge.

I'll never understand the company's thinking process.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:04 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Good new v&h did overnight a replacement. Plus instructions on how maybe to find original tune on the defective fp3 and save it to the bike. It worked! Original tune back on the bike. Replacement fp3 works. Downloaded a map. Bike runs fine. Don't think I would be here with it running today with the extra help. Now should I temp faith and try the auto tune.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin714
The reason I'll never buy a new bike...unless I can convert it to a carb.

Your tune is lost in cyberspace.

I like the days when you changed a couple jets, and pulled out the covers on the carb to get to the adjustment screws. Even better before they started putting the adjustment screw covers on.
This. I can tune/repair/rebuild a carb, but EFI is voodoo to me. I'm neither an electrician, nor a computer engineer & too many electronic gizmos on a bike, is, to me, a recipe for disaster.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:23 PM
themizz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good new v&h did overnight a replacement. Plus instructions on how maybe to find original tune on the defective fp3 and save it to the bike. It worked! Original tune back on the bike. Replacement fp3 works. Downloaded a map. Bike runs fine. Don't think I would be here with it running today with the extra help. Now should I temp faith and try the auto tune.

glad u got it up and going and found ur lost tune its nerve wrecking if u never done it before.

Quick Reply: Snake bit