Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat Search...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 08:56 AM
MorrisGray
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation New Seat Search...

I am looking for recommendations for a two up comfortable FXDC seat.
Presently considering the Mustang Original Vintage Seat Harley Davidson Dyna 75639.

Personally I have only used Corbin seats in the past on sport bikes.

I do not want to sit any lower than the stock seat, higher would be good with me and further back.

I tried a seat that came off of a Switchback but it did not look right to me. Fit was a little loose and it looked gawdy out of place on the FXDC IMO.

Please give me some input though. I may just end up taking my stock seat to an upholstry shop for modifications if they can or will do it.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,634 Likes on 782 Posts
Default Mean City Cycles the Way To Go

I have a 2013 FXDC. I liked the look of the stock seat but, as you know, it lacks in comfort. I went to Mean City Cycles (meancitycycles.com). Check the website and give a call. They will ask you pertinent questions and will recommend a solution. It will entail taking your seat apart and adding memory foam and/or gel packs. They can also cut a tail bone relief channel (a MUST) and move your riding position front, back, up or down if you want. They will also give you a firm date to have the seat to them. They will do the work on that day and ship it back to you the same day. Oh, by the way, it is ridiculously inexpensive. Check the site and give a call. Nothing to lose.
Enjoy the bike, btw. I love mine.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:00 AM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I ****ing LOVE my Saddlemen Road Sofa! The seat is made for lower back relief. I can't tell any difference in height over stock, but because of the back support, it is a little forward. That worked much to my benefit, but I have forwards.

I may want to get it covered in leather, sometime in the future, but for now, it is an answer to a very sore problem.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if ya go much further back your not going to have a whole lot of room for that 2up.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mustang squareback is probably what your looking for since it will keep u in the stock position. I opted for the c&c sport tour because it sits u back an inch and lowers you a half inch

Old 04-12-2014, 12:05 PM
MorrisGray
Cruiser

Thanks guys, all good advice and I appreciate it. Maybe others besides myself can learn something from this. It is very hard to get the correct seat for individual comfort and taste. Always nice to have a friend with one like you want!

Keep answers and suggestions coming. We need lots of input on this topic!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Ben Marsh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a Harley Tallboy seat on my FatBob and I love it. The Dyna Tallboy sits you back about 2 inches further than stock, it's wide, soft and has nice back support.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:09 PM
MorrisGray
Cruiser
Cool Just wondering about the TallBoy seat?

How is it for the passenger?

Old 04-12-2014, 05:16 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,112 Likes on 11,090 Posts

Subscribed and llistening. My stock FXDC seat is as hard as a rock. One hour of riding is all I can stand. Want soft and comfy.
I almost think HD intentionally puts uncomfortable seats on the bikes so you will come back in and buy a better seat.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:27 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,112 Likes on 11,090 Posts

Originally Posted by boro
I ****ing LOVE my Saddlemen Road Sofa! The seat is made for lower back relief. I can't tell any difference in height over stock, but because of the back support, it is a little forward. That worked much to my benefit, but I have forwards.

I may want to get it covered in leather, sometime in the future, but for now, it is an answer to a very sore problem.
I quickly checked Saddlemens website and I only saw Road Sofas listed for the FL models. Unless I missed it, I'm not seeing those seats for Dynas.

Quick Reply: New Seat Search...